Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2 Sits and 2 Opportunities (Successful hunts for me)

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
My first opening morning and I got to see 2 young bucks stand broad side for me at 20 yds and I thought about the first one for a hot minute but took video of them with my cellphone instead. They came in about the time I figured a deer would and I had them on camera all summer too. So, that was a great feeling.
I had to attend a wedding Saturday night so I was out but I was given the green light to come home instead of going to the hotel and I came home for a morning hunt.Sunday morning, was a weird morning, DEAD calm and I mean not a leaf moving and not an animal moving!!! First morning I was surround by an infestation of raccoons, Sunday morning nothing. I had planned to stay till at least 10, I had a nice buck on cam on the 29th around 9:30am so I wanted to stay till then. About that time an old airplane went over head and was super loud, then about 2 mins after that a yearling came busting in to the scene followed by it's sibling and two older does, the yearlings turned broad side and in the clearing, but the other two stayed back, I wanted the fat one but she never came out from behind the trees, the second old doe was out about 30 yds but she never gave me a clear shot except when she stood facing me. I debated taking the shot but I am never a rush the shot guy, so I figured she would turn and give me a shot but never did, she went back in to the trees and stood broad side with her vitals covered rotflmao. They stood there for about 5 mins and then went back into the thick stuff and I sat there and thought to myself I could of been tagged out in the first two days of the season! I am happy to see deer and have the opportunity to take a shot, to me these were successful hunts and a great start to the season.

Maxxis31

Deer wood's
Heck yeah man, when you have animals that close that is a very successful hunt in my book, its not all about the killing, you did everything right to have them in range, job well done.

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
The streak continues!! I am loving hunting right now! I went to another woods I have set up and saw a total of 4 bucks last night(last 30mins of legal light) two little piss drivers at 10 yds and 20yds, and 2 bigger bucks around 50yds and sparring but I could only see one and he was border line ready for harvest...of the 3 I saw, I have them on cam from this summer. 3 Sits and 3 opportunities if I wanted to seal the deal, but I just can't see shooting something just to say I shot something.

Side note: Due to having 4 bucks around me in the dark, and not wanting the wife to get mad at me for being stuck in my stand bc I had deer around me, I had my dad drive one of the farmers tractors to my stand and pick me up lol...figured that is better than seeing me in the moon light come walking out of the woods if they were still in the field. They are pretty use to trucks and tractors driving back to the lane.

Isaacorps

Columbus
Good stuff! Sometimes seeing deer on the hoof and just observing without them knowing you’re there is just as good as harvesting one

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Better than barking like a Damn dog to get them to run off and feeling like a dumb ass

Buddy was covered up Sunday evening with doe and fawn while on a field edge while hunting in his blind.... He texts me and asks what’s the best way too sneak out without spooking them....
Told him to hit his car alarm for his truck which was about 180 yards away.... Unfortunately his remote wouldn’t reach lol....