Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2 Sits and 2 Opportunities (Successful hunts for me)

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Buddy was covered up Sunday evening with doe and fawn while on a field edge while hunting in his blind.... He texts me and asks what’s the best way too sneak out without spooking them....
Told him to hit his car alarm for his truck which was about 180 yards away.... Unfortunately his remote wouldn’t reach lol....

If you don't have a tractor to pick ya up lmao.....get your coyote call out and hit that a couple times and that might work :smiley_crocodile:

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Stole this from Jesse's Page,....

2017 Stats

Antlerless Sightings: 4
Bucks Sightings: 9
Different Bucks: 8
Shooters Seen: 1 maybe 2
Total Sightings: 13

Deer Killed: 0

Morning Hunts: 4
Evening Hunts: 1
All Day Sits: 0
Skunked Hunts: 0
Total Hunts: 5

Hours on Stand: 20

Average Time Per Hunt: 4 Hours
Deer Seen Per Hour on Stand: .65

I am not complain at all, In NW ohio it is common for you to go days with out seeing a deer, small wood lots, tons of crops, and low deer numbers...I am having a blast! I think its a combination of not hunting one woods too much,staying mobile and playing the wind, Stand placement/concealment, and scent preparation. The biggest factor is just being darn lucky! This could all change once crops come off, more hunters come out, and breeding season.... until then I am going to enjoy the good times!

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
The streak has ended!....I kicked two deer up walking back to my stand at 3:45.....I don't count them as deer from the stand and got my first skunk of the season....5 for 5 with shot opportunities on my first 5 hunts of the year...I think I am done for the season no point in going back out, deer just stopped moving....:smiley_crocodile: