Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Good luck fellers!

Heading to see the Wood Brothers tonight in Nelsonville. Night off of hunting. Prob a good thing? Argh! Not with how the temp just plummeted!!!! Going to head out around noon tomorrow and ride it out for rest of day.

I want a IKS thread soon.... someone kill something
I'm super jealous Gordo!!!!! Enjoy the show, I'm sure it will be awesome. I was hoping to go see them in Cleveland on Saturday but it turns out I'm on call.[emoji21]

Sorry to hear about your NC neighbors taking another one out from under ya Jesse. That's got to suck.

Gordo

Athens County
Hard to recall a time I've been more physically and mentally drained. All day sit in the cold and wind with the flu was a dumbass move. Staying in tomorrow and doing something that brings me joy: hanging with my girls. Here's to chugging a bottle of Nyquol and passing out!

Mine as well double down on the NyQuil! F it. J/k bro.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Did have this little guy hangout with me.
And looks like some hunter hit this doe high.

Buckmaster

Portage
I had the perfect wind (a little too much tonight) to hunt this plot. The setting is perfect however I got the skunk. I figured there would be a couple does come sundown to draw a buck out to check them out. Not!

I did have an 8 point and a couple does this AM at 20 yards so that was better than a day in the office.

Attachments

• Plot.jpg
    Plot.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 90

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
So does someone else hunt on the land you hunt on?
No. They lease the farm that borders us to the N, and partway on the E & W. Last 2 years, they've killed the #1 target 50 yards either side of the farm as both bucks worked towards our place. The one today left our place and got shot. I don't begrudge them, but it still sucks. Better than hunting ghosts I guess.

00buck

I had the perfect wind (a little too much tonight) to hunt this plot. The setting is perfect however I got the skunk. I figured there would be a couple does come sundown to draw a buck out to check them out. Not!

I did have an 8 point and a couple does this AM at 20 yards so that was better than a day in the office.
Any day in the outdoors is better than a day at work

JC HUNTER

Flew in last night and had my 1st sit this afternoon. I had the little one with me so I wasn't expecting too much. He was so excited it was hard to keep him quiet. Hopefully we'll get into them tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20171109_145058.jpg
    20171109_145058.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 20171109_145040.jpg
    20171109_145040.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 86

OO2

In the Uplands
Excited to go in the morning. Expectations are pretty high for the first sit of the year in one of my spots. Won’t be a nice stand to sit in for a long time but hopefully it pays off

Last edited:

shanem

I'm takeing the under again! Deer dead by noon from a member!

Nice and frosty bro's!!! Game on. Good luck[/QUOT

You win Gordo, I scored this morning on a 10 pt. Bad service but I'll post a pic and story tomorrow night when we get back to NC.