Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Saw 7 does. Back at the house now to regroup, then back with Tracie around 2:30. I bought a $40 camo sleeping bag from Rural King last year and it was great today. I also had the big heater and ran it for a half hour twice this morning. Stayed pretty comfortable thanks to that.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina

Stuffed pepper soup, if I’m not going to sit in this cold ass weather, might as well at least have some good ole soup lol

Good luck guys

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I was very close tonight. Had my target buck at about 150 yards for two hours. He hung out in the same spot and just fed there. He finally moved to borderline range of the old Hawken, but I was out of light. I snuck out when he went down into a little dip out of sight. 5 more
Minutes and I think I get a shot. Bummer.

Gordo

Athens County
Skunkaroo for ole Gordo. First one of the year I think. Had a 'kaboom' a couple hundred yards away around 4:30. That along with whatever pressure those guys are generateing boogered me up good.

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Well I had an 8 point at about 100 yards but not a clear shot. He spooked went to about 150 yards up the other side of the creek bottom. I took a shot but all I found was hair at the point of impact, sucks but after walking around tracking and looking in this cold. I gave up.

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Well I had an 8 point at about 100 yards but not a clear shot. He spooked went to about 150 yards up the other side of the creek bottom. I took a shot but all I found was hair at the point of impact, sucks but after walking around tracking and looking in this cold. I gave up.

Ok so if I found hair is that a good sign of a hit? I am planning on looking for deer tomorrow if you guys think it is worth looking for.