Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Have been watching a big 8 breed a doe since 9. He's bedded about 70 yards away. Need another buck to show up. That gets him up and thrashing/moving. Great hunt. Full breeding party. Sticking it out

Saweeet Gordo! You upwind of them,crosswind or Downwind? Dude, you’re in for a fun sit! Good luck buddy! Hoping your in a crosswind direction from them.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good deal Gordo! Is he in a spot you can crawl down and sneak up on him! When they are with a doe, sneaking up on 'em is pretty dang easy.

Gordo

Athens County
Shit. Small buck came in, bumped doe. Big guy jumped up and went aftervlittle guy before getting back on her tail. The doe went away from my stand. Hope they loop around. Haven't seen a buck that big in a while. Stud

Was perfectly down wind until it just shifted. Still was alright with cross wind. Shit definitely shifted an hour or so ago unless I'm losing my mind

Gordo

Athens County
''Twas not meant to be. Gave it hell.

He never came back, but it was non stop movement. Single does out the ass. Thought one of them was his doe from earlier. Good small buck chaseing. Saw one at dusk that may have been a shooter.

I've never witnessed anything like that. Talk about a 'majestic' whitetail. Unreal. Watched him from 9-2ish. The first two hours that deer had his hands full 'guarding' his doe. It was crazy. There was at least one other really nice one. That was the first one he chased off.

Thought about putting the sneak on him but there where younger bucks bedded all around him and his doe. It was also some super thick shit and he was in the middle of it. Shit. Maybe should have gone for it

Buckmaster

Portage

He never came back, but it was non stop movement. Single does out the ass. Thought one of them was his doe from earlier. Good small buck chaseing. Saw one at dusk that may have been a shooter.

I've never witnessed anything like that. Talk about a 'majestic' whitetail. Unreal. Watched him from 9-2ish. The first two hours that deer had his hands full 'guarding' his doe. It was crazy. There was at least one other really nice one. That was the first one he chased off.

Thought about putting the sneak on him but there where younger bucks bedded all around him and his doe. It was also some super thick shit and he was in the middle of it. Shit. Maybe should have gone for it

You witnessed the rare occasion of the mature buck of the neighborhood along with his satellite bucks. I've seen it a few times and is very rewarding.
I've only seen once the King of the woods with 5 does following him. That was a sight to be seen as well.

....every 10 years buddy and today was your day.

Concordmeadowsfarm

SE Ohio

Awesome! Had buck chase does in yesterday, my oldest son (10) shot his first deer, a doe.