Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Good luck Gordo. Would love to be in a stand but home with a sick little one. Just wrapped up bath and laundry load #2 since 6am. I won’t be back in the stand until Sunday, and that’s perfect with the cold front coming thru!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Good luck Gordo. Would love to be in a stand but home with a sick little one. Just wrapped up bath and laundry load #2 since 6am. I won’t be back in the stand until Sunday, and that’s perfect with the cold front coming thru!
Hope the little one gets better! I've been eyeing that cold front also😎

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I went to the woods this morning, squirrel hunting, sorta. I saw a few squirrels, but not many. I saw no deer and no turkeys. I was out until 9. Slow morning where I was.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Great day yesterday went to absolutely nothing today. With rain coming in this afternoon I came home to get gutters cleaned out. So it won't rain now...you guys in the Athens county area can thank me later.
I have hunted 19 of 20 days. Two more and then it's off to WV for Rifle season.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Started raining here about 11:30. Was scheduled for about 1:00.
Got up at 5:00 today, made coffee and went back to bed. Want to fill my doe tag with a bow.
Need to check the 100-200 yd. scope setting on my 460 S&W TC Encore rifle but not in the rain.
Looks like my niece and her husband are coming for gun season. And my brother with health condition wants to come down and I'll take him out in my heated hut for a deer during gun season.

Gordo

Athens County
Can not catch a damn break. Saw two shooters. 4:10 and 4:15. No shots. Frusturated. Haven't had probs with scent like I'm haveing this year in a long long time. Doesn't make any f'n sense. About to go buy some new boots. These old POS have holes in them/feet get wet. I can't think of anything else.

Went and picked up ever calm earlier today and used it for the first time. The one buck was coming in on a string till he hit my entrance route and then buggered out. That shit hasn't happened to me in way to long

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Does and turkeys.
Saw a pretty 8 point slip through right before dark.
The turkeys roosted early right above me.Pretty cool.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
When you realize you under dressed for the wind while walking in. . . Might be a short sit.

Throw me a 4yr old God. I'm ready to go home 30min into my hunt. Lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well horse crap. 2 young bucks cruise by already heading south. Yearling just went north. 2/3 in bow range. Guess I'll freeze it out a bit. Really wanting to wuss out though. Lol