Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Back from my 4 day stint in southern Ohio, sitting in my office planning the next attack. The 4 days I hunted produced 20 deer, 17 does, 2 spikes and a small 6 point. All but 4 came in to 30 yards or closer. I know I was in the right spot, just might have hit the lock down phase on the head. The tree therapy was good for me and I can't complain about not seeing deer, just not the right deer. I had fun in the end and really that's what's important. I plan on sneaking out of work early today and see what's going on behind the house. Good luck everyone...

gpb1111

Where's your pops at?

OO2

In the Uplands
I’ll be going out after class. Hopefully not in lockdown, should get the blood flowing after climbing pretty much straight vertical to get to top of bowl.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Back from my 4 day stint in southern Ohio, sitting in my office planning the next attack. The 4 days I hunted produced 20 deer, 17 does, 2 spikes and a small 6 point. All but 4 came in to 30 yards or closer. I know I was in the right spot, just might have hit the lock down phase on the head. The tree therapy was good for me and I can't complain about not seeing deer, just not the right deer. I had fun in the end and really that's what's important. I plan on sneaking out of work early today and see what's going on behind the house. Good luck everyone...
Lots of bucks cruising our core area here. Bring the climber down this weekend

Gordo

Athens County
Constant movement till I got down. They wherent chaseing or fired up at all, but they where milling around.

Saw 2 more bucks since last update.

I'm guessing the mature bucks must be spreading seed. Sure feels like it can get nutty again at any point.

Would still be up but think I'm heading to cbus to visit a buddy in the hospital. If not, I'm heading back out to the same tree. Damn does are still laying in the same thick shit I watched them go into.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm in the honey hole with my life long buddy in the hot seat. Exact same set up as Mason had. I hope they move tonight!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
1 doe early afternoon and two doe on the walk back too the truck after legal Shooting Time...

Buddy shot a buck on another farm and had 6 bucks chasing a single doe....

IMG_0177.jpg

Gordo

Athens County
Argh! Couldn't have been in stand for more then 5 minutes and saw a nice 9 or 10. Chocolate rack. F'n beauty. No shot. Came from an impossible direction down wind and new something was up. Turned and headed back where he came from