Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

Jason Short

Wayne County
Had a pretty good hunt today. I saw 4 does and 3 small bucks this morning, went to the truck for lunch then headed back out and saw 3 bucks and a doe in the afternoon

Gordo

Athens County
Had a pretty good hunt today. I saw 4 does and 3 small bucks this morning, went to the truck for lunch then headed back out and saw 3 bucks and a doe in the afternoon

That's a couple good sits! Good luck buddy.

Looking like I'm takeing tomorrow off and will be back in stand along with that cold front on Sunday to start the final push before thanksgiving.

Figured I'd be done by now! Figured wrong. Ha

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
IDK, I appear to be having the same luck as others here. I've got multiple stands on over 100 acres & I'm not sitting in the same spot all the time is all. One stand had issues today & while there, my feeder did too. When else am I to fix things ?
Kevin i dont think Chad was being a dick even though he is. Lol He is just trying to help ya out, i have followed your thread since you got this property,even back in turkey season it seemed from then to now you have spent way too much time in and out whether it be picking up sticks off of trails or messing with cameras ect. I mean what is the point of picking up sticks off of trails? Just curious as it's something i dont do.
Following along you were getting some great pics of nice bucks on a regular basis but then wondered why they dropped off, it's the pressure of being in there so much most likely.Big bucks will only tolerate so much of that.
I would of bagged the baiting and just found the best corners or funnels to hunt and let the bucks do their normal travel right by you.
Dont take this wrong just trying to help you out as i think alot of us have been rooting for you to kill a nice buck off of your new property.
I havn't shot a buck yet this yr but i have passed lots up this yr and passed on some real nice ones waiting on certain bucks.
But... i slip in and out and try not to let them know they are being hunted.
Thats the key... your access in and out and not letting them know you are hunting them.
Good luck i hope ya get it done.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Holy cow ! Chad is correct, I admit that. I don't understand the fixation on the " picking up sticks". I mentioned that a good while back yes, because the property had been logged . I spent some time clearing the logging trails earlier.... just to clarify. Last week I saw the biggest bucker ever, so I know they're there. The lock down is affecting others just like me, so please go bust some other balls as well ....lol . Ever since the middle of September I have not been in running around. I have been checking cams on the outer perimeters just the same. There's a good portion of the property I haven't been been to. I truly think you guys are overlooking this. Good luck !

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Ol Braydon got it done this evening on a nice doe! Congrats!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
She was at the blind, we put the sneak on her but she snuck out the other side before we could get up there. I told him if she comes back I might let him wack her. Well she came back. Knocked her down right where she stood! Love those no tracking jobs! He's a happy boy tonight.