Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Don't think I bumped any deer. Every bird and coon maybe but no deer. Did watch a mink take a morning swim. Crazy amount of deer tracks in creek alongside my stand. That is a plus but no deer seen yet. I can see a lot of real estate from here. Good luck all!

Cogz

Cogz
TX
Decided to walk up the hill. No deer on cam yesterday just the neighbors pitbulls!
Have a giant on cam, video chasing a doe at 5am. She wasnt trying too hard to get away.

Hoping wife gets a crazk.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm with Hoyt. I was just thinking it is too quiet. Traffic noise is picking up. Sun is getting higher. As the frost melts off I think I will see deer movement pick up. At least I hope I do. Nothing yet. Just too quiet. Increasing sound of tires on the road along with other sounds of the woods might make them feel more comfortable to move. Am I alone in my thinking? Curious.

jeremy44230

Medina County
Day 2 in Indiana. Set up just below a ridge with good sign.

I saw 6 yesterday, 3 within range (under 10 yards at that). No decent bucks, just youngins.

Hoping to catch some cruising action here soon!

Good luck all

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No deer. No squirrels. Leaves are dropping rapidly. Correct on wind picking up. That will speed up leaves too. To kill the boredom I imagine the leaves screaming as they drop from the trees to their death on the forest floor. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh. Thud.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Hell of a buck, Mercer! Good luck fellas! We are hunting a new property today and have to pack in climbers, so we'll be out around 10.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've seen nine. Three dandies. All in the last 45 minutes. Got a good video of the perfect ten Mason nearly killed earlier. He was right. He's better than 160.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I'm set up at my desk, with an arsenal of rubber bands, put a baitpile of cookies across the way....when word gets out there will be a constant stream of targets in my shooting lane....I'm just practicing for tomorrow

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
No deer. No squirrels. Leaves are dropping rapidly. Correct on wind picking up. That will speed up leaves too. To kill the boredom I imagine the leaves screaming as they drop from the trees to their death on the forest floor. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh. Thud.

Im in a mulberry today. First hard frost, it will be bare by tonight. They are falling constant now.

bonecollecter

Tuscarawas Co
Best morning I've had all week so far. 10 does/fawns and 1 turd 7 pt. That of course just walked 5 yards from me. It's always the little ones that give u the best opportunities. Heard a buck grunting like crazy earlier but never seen him. Hope this keeps up.

rsmith

First hard frost here in NE Ohio, whoever got out should see some movement this morning for sure. Good luck all.