Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

Gordo

Athens County
It'll happen. How are the new boots?

Feeling like Gordon Lightfoot out there. Only downfall is them turning into blocks of ice this time of year. Took 5 hunts to break them in. For well under a bill I'd buy them again. That being said, for the time of year I was buying them, I should have hopped online and order a new pair of mouse boots that are the right size. We'll see what a foot warmer does in the new boots. Under 2 hours they are manageable as is.

Jason Short

Wayne County
We had to bust ice all the way across the lake to get through. Jumped two doe on the walk in but didn't see anything else other than a flock of turkeys on the ridge. The roads got really bad on the way home and I ended up on the wrong side of the road in the ditch. Dinged my truck and boat trailer up but nothing too serious

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
IMG_1681.jpg

Cold weather brought a button buck in. Haven't had much time to get out this year and I skipped gun season altogether so happy to have this one and wasn't going to pass up the 15 yard shot.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I admire anyone out hunting in this cold weather. I was out about 1 hour feeding and watering the cattle and it was damn cold and windy.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Did a little yote calling with my buddy this evening, no luck but still nice to get out. We plan on hunting them harder this year between 5-6 properties.