Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I "would like" to go coyote calling. Not finding enough desire to go sit in this stuff. It is brutally cold and windy out. Be safe to those of you fighting the elements. Tough hunting conditions! Good luck fellas.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I went. Glad I did. Called one in. Shot it. Spun around chasing it's tail 10-12 times. I squeezed off another round. It took off running. Got a third round off. I believe the second hit but not the third. Walked over to location. Saw blood spun around in circles where it was doing the yip dance. Saw pee and a turd. Followed blood to a property I do not have permission on. Could not follow. I text the owner. He is a real peach. Told me to go screw myself. Honestly believe he is the only person in this world I cannot get along with. Must suck carrying so much hatred around. Probably gets heavy. Hope he enjoys the coyote carcass. I'm certain he will go inspect and see if I have any boot prints on his land. I think I'll go say a prayer for the poor sap. I'm content knowing I killed the coyote.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Damn, well at least you connected and drew blood. I don’t feel bad for coyotes one bit.
Yup. He dead. Coyotes are not generally quick to bleed from a 223 round in my experience. The fur absorbs a lot of blood. Small sprays of blood tells me it was a good hit. Would not have seen if not for the snow.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Shot the shit outta him..... [emoji23]

:smiley_clap:

Well played Sir! That is what I told the boys as I recapped the story. "And there it was. . . .A big turd. I knew I had knocked the crap out of him!" With 3 teenage boys in the house tonight (My two and a nephew who is 13), I knew they'd chuckle.

OO2

In the Uplands
3 Yearling does and 2 1.5 y/o bucks for me. Hope that the deer are just not moving far due to cold and that they haven’t been pushed out by the yotes.

Going to start hitting snares hard to try and reduce yote population. Will have to deal with any negative deer impacts.

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
Man I love the bitter cold when hunting late season over food!!!
Had a fun hunt tonight and saw plenty, but no bucks mature enough to make me pull the trigger.
I did take a poke at a yote at 150 or so yards. He spun around about 2 times in a circle, but we didn't find a trace of blood???

IMG_7635.jpg IMG_7641.jpg IMG_7642.jpg