Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

rooster85

Lake County
Searched crp and woods well for 7 hours until severe storms hit. Today I Went thru probably 30 acres of the maybe 100 total of standing corn around the woods. Didn’t find any sign or deer. This ones a mystery. I had my couple of days of beating myself up but am back in the saddle again tonight. 4” closer to shoulder and woulda watched him fall probably. Told the farmer to lookout for him when shelling corn. He said those fields are next when it dries out.
Good luck guys.

I applaud you. You've put In such an immense effort.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
We sat for four hours before we saw a deer, a small 4 point at 2pm. Once 4:45 hit we saw a bunch of action. Had two nice bucks come in at 35 yards, no lane for Josh to shoot, they were both traveling together and the biggest was about 130". Back at it first thing in the morning!

nathan.luthman

Supporting Member
Ended up seeing 3 does and a fawn.. the fawn was still with mama. On the way home i about hit 2 bucks crossing the road.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I stayed out till dark, saw a bunch of deer. After I saw those 3 bucks, I ended up moving my climber back into Scrape Alley. On the way there, I saw a lone doe & then bumped into a buck with possibly nice antlers. I didn't see much since he was in some thick shit. After I found & settled in a tree, the wind settled down for a spell & I did some grunting. A buck did come in casually, but stayed in the thick stuff, not sure of antler size, but he was the best so far. Saw a few more bucks later on, then a lone fawn came underneath me & feed for a spell. Bumped a few more does on the way out & then there was a doe in the yard when I got home. The wind sucked, no chasing going on, & no snorting at me.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Good day out today. Got in the stand about 6:20. At 8:15 three doe came across the alfalfa field. 30 yards behind them was a decent 8. He looked young. They ended up veering off to my right and hit the tree line. Nothing else for the morning. Grabbed some lunch and changed stands. Looked like I would get skunked this evening. Then at 5:40 my number 1 target buck came strolling by. He stayed qtrd to me as he crossed my lanes. Gave him a soft grunt hoping to get him to stop and adjust his direction. He stopped after two steps problem was his vitals were covered by a small tree. He stands there at 25yds for a minute then headed back on his way. Back at it in the morning.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Saw lots of deer this afternoon.
Saw a couple nice bucks at noon pulling in the farm lane to switch stands for afternoon hunt.
The smaller of the 2 kept pushing the other buck away and then followed the doe and bedded with her in the middle of the field.
The other buck bedded over a knoll in the field.
So i slipped around and tried to make something happen with a stalk.
Made it to a strip of tall grass and got to about 50 yds and another smaller buck ran out of woods by me and they all ran into some pines chasing the doe so i slipped in a stand about 150 yds from them.
It was alot of fun but no shot.
Ended up seeing 8 does andc3 bucks before dark..
Back at it in the morning.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason and his friend had a 140 slide in on them and make a clean getaway with no arrows launched. I saw a small doe with no arrows launched. I'm excited to see what tomorrow brings. I expect good things!

OO2

In the Uplands
Ended up going to place down here by me in school. Got in right after classes a little later than I would have liked but nothing I could do about that. Parked and climbed pretty much straight vertical till we got to a bowl that was surrounded by a ridge that pretty much goes around entire property. As I sneak up the hill I see the outline of this buck on top of the ridge. At this point I’m all out of breath and digging my binos up. Finally get em unfogged and up to see him. He’s not bad! Give him a few grunts and he doesn’t react. So I hit the antlers and had him come down the ridge into the bowl probably 5 times but he never commit and ended up going the other way. We moved closer to the ridge top and had a doe at about 50 yards and tried to close the distance on her but she kept walking the same direction as the buck. We had another deer take off after her that we couldn’t see in the bottom on the opposite side of the ridge. Was real fun time to try to draw that buck in for my bud. I think it will only be a matter of time before we connect on this property.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
9 does and three small bucks. The bucks had no interest in the does. They all just fed in the field.

oakswamper

around Toledo
Sat for 4 hours until dark no deer but these damn turkey are driving me nuts. I still for some reason can't read any threads on TOO with my phone. It seems to be the only site that I can't. Will be out again in the morning hoping they are gonna be on their feet

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sat for 7 hours before I saw a deer, a doe and her two fawn at last light...

Back at it tomorrow.... BigSlam said it’ll be magical..... lmao....