Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

Gordo

Athens County
Put a hole in an 8 point tonight. Shot was a little back but still hit ribs and quartering away slightly. I believe offside ribs stopped passthru. Shot with hypodermic rage two blade and had same thing happen to a buck few years ago. Probably liver hit and maybe one lung . Blood that I looked at didn’t smell or have any food particles in it. mid body hit up and down wise. Arrow still in him when he ran off. Great blood In the crp grass that I followed for 25 yards. Giving him 4 hours. Going back at 1030 to track. Chance of rain after 1 am.
He was by himself. He Checked a scrape by my stand. 20 yards and Rushed shot and shoulda took extra second to settle pin. Happened quick. Hope to post pics later.

Good luck buddy!

Must have caught the oppositte shoulder to stop the pass through. Unless your shot was higher then you thought, you should be getting your hands bloody shortly. Slightly quartering away, shot was a touch back behind the rib cage, arrow stuck him.... sounds perfect!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Good luck in your recovery .

I saw 4 or 5 diff little bucks tonight . And a skunk dragging leaves down his den hole .

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Even though I’m wide awake I think I’m going to take today off and catch up on yard work and granddaughter time. After tomorrow morning the weather looks great. Good luck to all going out.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I am sitting here waiting for the rain to push thru then gonna slip in. Need a S wind for this stand and doesn't look like much of that this week. Saw good movement of small bucks last night here . Been a 140ish 13 point on cam here off and on hopefully he wanders by .

Shot was back enough it didn’t stop on opposite shoulder. Heading back out shortly. Great blood 2-300 yards thru crp grass to edge of woods and just lost it. Found complete arrow half way thru grass. No guts or smell to arrow. Looked good. Can’t believe we lost the blood as good as it was spraying. He’s dead just gotta find it. Buddy bringing his dog this morning. The thing smelled real rutty at area where the shot was. Little bit of rain 1.5 hours after shot didn’t help but shoulda seen where it entered woods with tall grass and at least rubbing blood on sapling. Heavy rains overnight probably washed away blood. See what happens. I will search today until downpours start and Monday. I’m off all week on vacation.

rooster85

Lake County
Shot was back enough it didn’t stop on opposite shoulder. Heading back out shortly. Great blood 2-300 yards thru crp grass to edge of woods and just lost it. Found complete arrow half way thru grass. No guts or smell to arrow. Looked good. Can’t believe we lost the blood as good as it was spraying. He’s dead just gotta find it. Buddy bringing his dog this morning. The thing smelled real rutty at area where the shot was. Little bit of rain 1.5 hours after shot didn’t help but shoulda seen where it entered woods with tall grass and at least rubbing blood on sapling. Heavy rains overnight probably washed away blood. See what happens. I will search today until downpours start and Monday. I’m off all week on vacation.

Best of luck! Can't wait to see him.

Bigcountry40

Seen 1 doe so far on this shitty morning, called in 2.5 in year 8 point to 23 yards yesterday, he'll be nice in a couple of years

Big Weff

Athens
Live from my bathroom window haha. Couldn't go out this morning on account of my wife had to work today so I have the boy.