Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

Gordo

Athens County
Wish I would of known this earlier, I would of met you somewhere, and had a pop[emoji23][emoji23]

All good! Happy camper that I found out about cabelas in Avon. Thought I was limited to Dicks, but am about to head there instead.

Bored..... frustrated with being here...... got some cash in my pocket..... cabelas..... could end up being a good day after all

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
All good! Happy camper that I found out about cabelas in Avon. Thought I was limited to Dicks, but am about to head there instead.

Bored..... frustrated with being here...... got some cash in my pocket..... cabelas..... could end up being a good day after all
Wasn't packed with people either😎

Jason Short

Wayne County
My brother was with me and hit a button buck or doe, not sure which. It looked low so I gave it an hour then went to where it was standing. Found lots of blood and the arrow had blood all the way to the fletching. I should have backed out as it didn't really look like heart blood and definitely not lung blood. Followed the blood 50 yards and saw it laying with its head up. Took a shot I regret trying to finish it and it took off into the tall grass, looked like it might have crashed or bedded down. I hope so. At that point I left like I should have done to begin with. Really hoping I didn't screw it up too bad. Guess I'll find out, we'll be back this afternoon.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My brother was with me and hit a button buck or doe, not sure which. It looked low so I gave it an hour then went to where it was standing. Found lots of blood and the arrow had blood all the way to the fletching. I should have backed out as it didn't really look like heart blood and definitely not lung blood. Followed the blood 50 yards and saw it laying with its head up. Took a shot I regret trying to finish it and it took off into the tall grass, looked like it might have crashed or bedded down. I hope so. At that point I left like I should have done to begin with. Really hoping I didn't screw it up too bad. Guess I'll find out, we'll be back this afternoon.
That is a dead deer. Going to need to give it time. Or. . . Be more stealthy on your stalk to finish her.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Saw 6 doe from the stand this morning. 3 offered shots. 3 got with 40 yards but doubled back after hitting my boot tracks.
Coyote came through but stayed in the thick stuff.
Bumped a lone doe on the way out.

Good sign finally seeing some doe. Makes me feel good about repopulation here.

Got a decent 8 on camera that was by my stand yesterday morning. Glad I wasn't there because I know I would've flung an arrow at him but he sure could use one more year.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Saw 9 does this morning. Got back in stand at 1:30 and got a text from my son. The outfitter killed the 8 with the broken G3. The only deer I had that showed promise. He was dumb and probably not going to make it through next week anyway.

rooster85

Lake County

Any update Jason?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not going to make it. Still working on a project. Oh well. There is always tomorrow, or Sunday, or Gunday Monday!

Jason Short

Wayne County
Found it! He bedded 50 yards from where he was the first time. Found him there with the help of two of my brother's. Little brother is happy, this is his third deer now, first one for him on public