Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

OO2

In the Uplands
Same deer group milling around in corn field. When it was time to get down a pack of coyotes cleared the field for me. Not sure how I should thank them for their efforts. A 22-250 now or a nice necklace for them to stumble upon. Decisions decisions.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
One at last light and couldn’t make out if it was antlered or not... Nice comfortable evening out though....

This farm was under water earlier this week and the farmer who’s leasing it is making the field wider and adding drain tile to it...

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Nice frosty morning

NE-Oh-Hunter

NE Ohio
First real rut action of the year. Came into stand and just sat down when a yearling stood up right under me. Smelled around but didn’t run off. Heard more noises at daylight realized she was two other tearing does. They milled around for 15 minutes or so when a nice 4 pt comes in dogging then. After not really seeing anything for a week and not really much of anything for the rut, it’s nice to see some action.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Got moving late. Didn't smoke up. Didn't wear harness. Planned to hunt blind. Blind was blown away or tampered with. Redirected to a stand. Not digging hunting uo here without a harness. Hadn't planned on seeing any deer anyway. Squirrels are moving. Heard a squad go out. Some coyotes or possibly the wolf looking dogs caged up in the neighborhood several hundred yards away sounded off. Be nice to see something besides squirrels. At least my camera doesn't appear to have been messed with again.

Good luck and happy turkey day TOOzers!

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Just had a line of 7 does come thru. Two smaller bucks broke em up and all hell broke loose, fuggin deer running every which way except within bow range lol.

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Eating thanksgiving dinner then hitting the road to the farm, wife decided to go with us for her first hunt ever. Really excited, hope she see some action, she is not one to sit for hours.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Was only able to hunt til Ten. Had a father and young sun walk up on me right at daylight. Didnt know of anyone else hunting back there. I gave a hello and he apologized and said they were heading up front. Felt bad for them honestly. I hope they had a good hunt. I only seen 4 Does at 9:30