Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Great to hear that the deer are moving and guys are enjoying their time in the woods. Looking forward to seeing a few dirt nap pictures soon.

rsmith

Fugggggggg, I was going to skip both my classes today to get out because when I went out yesterday to put the camera out I found a nice fresh scrape under a licking branch. Well sure enough I was about to walk out the door and 3 does were back in the plot and what looked to be a decent buck about 50 yards in front of them.

rsmith

Alright guys need some opinions, so tomorrow is going to be a perfect morning to go out but I have class at 9. I have to leave my house my 8:45 to make it to class by 9. Should I try and get out for a couple hours before class or do you think I should just stay out and go out a different morning? I really want to try and go out because there were 4 does and a nice buck back in the plot this morning and I feel like tomorrow would be a great day to get out, just don’t want to fall behind in class. What do you guys think? And if I do end up shooting something screw the class haha.

Edit:
Also most pictures I’m getting and the time the does were in the plot are in between 7:20 and 8. Nothing past 8:30 yet. Just wondering if you guys think it’s worth it to get out for a two hours

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I've not seen a thing yet. Mason is surrounded. He just texted to say a really nice 8 was heading his way. Hope he kills it!

00buck

Alright guys need some opinions, so tomorrow is going to be a perfect morning to go out but I have class at 9. I have to leave my house my 8:45 to make it to class by 9. Should I try and get out for a couple hours before class or do you think I should just stay out and go out a different morning? I really want to try and go out because there were 4 does and a nice buck back in the plot this morning and I feel like tomorrow would be a great day to get out, just don’t want to fall behind in class. What do you guys think? And if I do end up shooting something screw the class haha.

Edit:
Also most pictures I’m getting and the time the does were in the plot are in between 7:20 and 8. Nothing past 8:30 yet. Just wondering if you guys think it’s worth it to get out for a two hours
I would try it if not you may kick yourself in the ass later

rsmith

What?!?! That boy has almost to much self control, we need video to see how “small” he was

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I agree. He said 115". Apparently he thought he was bigger I'll look at the vid in a bit. I'm interested to see what he's calling 115.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
I thought about climbing in the stand tonight but didn’t hit the drive way until 5:30. Eating dinner at 6:30 and a doe and her two fawns, a lone doe and a small 4/5pt came out into the freshly cut bean field behind the house. That buck pushed the lone doe for a solid 15mins before ducking back into the woods. The doe/fawns continued to feed until dark.