Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Waited all year to make this first hunt and bumblefucked around like a damn rookie. Wind was all sort of squirrely were I was sitting, so I moved to keep it from screwing me later. Got to the top of the hill on the way to the cut corn and stopped to glass ahead of me. Started to pull the binos up and there are 2 does walking around the bend right at me. After a short stand off, they blew and raised all sorts of hell. Went ahead to where I should have sat to start with and the same 2 does came through 10 minutes later. Frustrating first time out here, but at least I know there are deer! LOL

OO2

In the Uplands
Had a great first “hang-and-hunt” set up. Had a total of 7/8 deer come by me. Only 2 that came in range were a 6pt and a button buck. If I would have setup on other side of opening I would have had my choice of any of the 5 does that came through. Still had a great time and that’s hunting. I had all the fun without the mess!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Saw 6 doe he closest hey came was about 100yards.... No antlers, or spooked deer so all in all not a bad night... Temps dropped fast after the sun dropped down.... Felt good to be out in the stand on a cool night...

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
7 total deer this hunt. 5 of them presented multiple shots. 2 doe a fawn a button buck and a 4 point. One big doe stayed just out of my shooting lane. Caught a glimpse of a definite shooter. Never got a great look at him but saw enough to know he was a shooter. He stayed out in the thicker stuff and would not commit to come in. Another 3 weeks or so that should change.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I saw nothing. Mason was covered up and drew two times on the only deer we currently know of that we would kill. Almost.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Saw the same two doe, twice. Then at dark I had what sounded like 3-4 come running through behind me. Slightly disappointed in the lack of movement, just wasn't in the right spot I guess.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Saw the same two doe, twice. Then at dark I had what sounded like 3-4 come running through behind me. Slightly disappointed in the lack of movement, just wasn't in the right spot I guess.

Just wasn’t quite what we had hoped for.... That’s deer hunting...

00buck

Had this one skirt me at about 60 yards I was in the wrong spot tonight also not sure if I should hold off and let my 6 year old go with me and try to get a crack at him or if I should hunt him I don't know what he would score or how old either

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Had the best night I've had in a long time. 2 shooters, a spike and 3 doe. One shooter stayed out at 50 and would NOT come because of dogging the does. The huge 6 came in and I passed on him as Joy wants to get that one. Had him qtr away at 25. Great night and none of the mess.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
On a farm I haven't seen much activity . . . Saw 6 hen turkey, and 9 deer. All deer lumped together. Looks like a couple does, their fawns, and several button bucks. Probably every around that doesn't have antlers. Pulled 2 cards on way out. More trespasser issues. No shooters. Gee. Wonder why?