Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

NBK2003

The boy said "we can't kill a deer at our house. " so we came out and conditions went from wizard of oz to near perfect. Cool. Slight breeze lite misty sprinkle.. good luck to whomever is out!

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Just settled into one of my favorite spots. First time out since opening weekend. Little breezy but a front pushing through. Corn to the right, radishes left.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I was a responsible parent. Took my son to Toledo for the last two league games of this soccer season. Just got home. Too late to get out. Nap sounds good. What I did see? 4 dead bucks between Lima and Toledo on I75. 1.5-2.5yr old bucks. No dead does. Interesting observation. I would think a mix of bucks and does if they were simply run out of fields by combines. Only bucks. Maybe the young bucks are starting to get antsy.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
IMG_8134.jpg

A buddy and I were texting back and forth about based on stands, which one to hunt... 2 Were good for the wind and he had 7 go by out of range Friday evening.... Picked that one and now there’s 6 left.... Got on stand at 5:26 and got another text at 5:27 doe down lol....

NBK2003

Liam got it done. Just as we were ready to pack it in. Doe walked out. Didn't see the shot too good. She is still wriggling around about 30 minutes after. Think it might be high she dropped were she stood. Guess we have to go eat spaghetti and wait!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Liam got it done. Just as we were ready to pack it in. Doe walked out. Didn't see the shot too good. She is still wriggling around about 30 minutes after. Think it might be high she dropped were she stood. Guess we have to go eat spaghetti and wait!
Congrats on the shot, but you could just go put another arrow in her and finish her off.

Just me but I'd have a hard time going and eating dinner knowing there was a doe suffering at my hand.

NBK2003

I've had them get up and run off and never find em. I can't really get a good shot from where we were and the way she is laying. That deer will be dead in an hour