Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Didn't get settled in till 4:30ish. Ground assault. Had 4 does pass within 12 yards and I went undetected. One was an old ass bitch. Thought about shooting her givin the scenario, but I'm 'keeping my eye on the prize'. Ha. Fun hunt.

I'm going to continue bouncing around to different properties and catch a break at some point.

[emoji1598]
This cold weather should provide an opportunity soon! Keep at it!

Jason Short

Wayne County
Spent the morning scouting out some new stuff. Found one spot that looks promising. Then hunted one of my better areas this afternoon and got skunked again. Everything I normally hunt seems to go totally dead after the second week of November, guess I need to do some more exploring

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Spent the morning scouting out some new stuff. Found one spot that looks promising. Then hunted one of my better areas this afternoon and got skunked again. Everything I normally hunt seems to go totally dead after the second week of November, guess I need to do some more exploring

Keep at it, thats how we learn.

Jason Short

Wayne County
Trying something new tonight. Me and a buddy are taking my boat out and hitting an area that is a long hike from any roads. I have no idea if it's any good but I gotta change things up.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member

No deer hunting for a week or so. Taking a break.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Going out with my buddy Josh this evening. I'm thinking the cut corn field will be on their menu tonight, so we won't be far from it.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Nice, how’s it doing on sheds and birds?

He does surprisingly well on the birds. Most guys wouldn’t like how he works because he doesn’t point. He basically just gets fidgety and then barrels into them. Lol
But I like it. Makes it exciting and you still kind of get caught off guard a bit.

Sheds, he knows to search for them, but not sure how effective in the field. He found a set last year but I also saw him walk past one. So, that’s still a work in progress. Around the the yard he does ok. This year will suck regardless unless he finds all the dead heads.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
He does surprisingly well on the birds. Most guys wouldn’t like how he works because he doesn’t point. He basically just gets fidgety and then barrels into them. Lol
But I like it. Makes it exciting and you still kind of get caught off guard a bit.

Sheds, he knows to search for them, but not sure how effective in the field. He found a set last year but I also saw him walk past one. So, that’s still a work in progress. Around the the yard he does ok. This year will suck regardless unless he finds all the dead heads.

A flusher, IMO, is far better on wild birds. Of course you gotta man-up and keep up with him when he gets birdie. I'm sure you can do that! lol