Untitled
Untitled
Page 137 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 2783

Thread: Live From the Stand 2017.

Wasn't in the stand but in a field doing some farm work yesterday. Saw 2 young bucks going absolutely nuts looking for and chasing a lone doe around noon-1230pm. They didn't seem to care about me being there as they were no further than 50 yards from me the whole time. Then a slightly older buck came out of the woods and into the field and chased the other 2 bucks and doe away. The whole thing lasted about 15 minutes. Pretty cool to watch!

Good news… Saw my first rut of the entire season… One really tall six (8 but broken guards) was chasing three does right under my stand at 15 yards. Bad news...I reach for my bow and It got stuck on a limb. He heard me. So he jumped my shot...it nicked him and he ran off laughing the entire way
    Psalm 50:10 “for every animal of the forest is mine”

Wow! Two nights in a row of hot rut action. Tonight one decent sized buck came in and kicked off two smaller bucks. Then he proceeded to destroy a tree. Nothing came close other than a cool looking Red Fox. Praying tomorrow is the day to seal the deal

Speaking of rut action....

Lots of fresh rubs too

Nice pics!!! Just had tall 8 go by. Too far to shoot. He had a crazy lump hanging off his back right stomach. Seen him before and he didn’t have it. Wonder if he got gored or car or ? He walked by 4 does and didn’t really pay any attention. He walked off fast when I grunted.

Hang with it fellas! Nice pics!

<span style="color:green"> <b> *Supporting Member* </b></span> Bigslam51's Avatar

I got dustin'd.

Hunted a completely new property tonight and got skunked

<span style="color:green"> <b> *Supporting Member* </b></span> Bigslam51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Short View Post
    Hunted a completely new property tonight and got skunked
    As did I. I've turkey hunted this place, never deer though. The other guy that deer hunts this place pressures the shit out of it. Good thing I went in with low expectations 😂

Went out to a property I haven't hunted yet this year. Good sit.

2 does, a nice up and comer, and a dink that was all busted up.

First time out in a week. Felt good. Should be hitting another spot tomorrow afternoon

Good luck to anybody out. Just got off duty hitting the gym for a couple hours then getting in the woods. Got a major front coming into georgia right now. Supposed to get colder all day with rain turning into snow. WE DONT GET THAT DURING DEER SEASON!!!! Gonna be a great day to kick back in my box stand.
    If you have ever yelled "MAKE A HOLE" on a crowded aisle in walmart you might be a C.O.

Im in stand we are at 39 degrees and dropping with rain. Saw 4 bucks in here Tuesday afternoon. 1 shooter with no shot.
    If you have ever yelled "MAKE A HOLE" on a crowded aisle in walmart you might be a C.O.

Good luck
    U.S. ARMY 1999-2007
    Iraq April 2003 - April 2004 & November 2005 - November 2006

I am a Soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight.
    - George S. Patton

The Soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the Soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war.
    - Douglas MacArthur

Quote Originally Posted by the Lackster View Post
    Im in stand we are at 39 degrees and dropping with rain. Saw 4 bucks in here Tuesday afternoon. 1 shooter with no shot.
    My brother in Atlanta has 2” on the ground lol... I know how they drive in the rain down there.... No way I’d drive in the snow lol
    "Risk reveals what you value."

Quote Originally Posted by "J" View Post
    My brother in Atlanta has 2” on the ground lol... I know how they drive in the rain down there.... No way I’d drive in the snow lol
    Just talked to my brother as well. He is just west of ATL same thing about 2" of snow on the ground. Not often that GA gets snow before us.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantum673 View Post
    Just talked to my brother as well. He is just west of ATL same thing about 2" of snow on the ground. Not often that GA gets snow before us.
    They’ll be moving up here before you know it....
    "Risk reveals what you value."

Quote Originally Posted by "J" View Post
    They’ll be moving up here before you know it....
    I avoid that place like the plague. Its a nightmare in dry daylight conditions

Didn't get settled in till 4:30ish. Ground assault. Had 4 does pass within 12 yards and I went undetected. One was an old ass bitch. Thought about shooting her givin the scenario, but I'm 'keeping my eye on the prize'. Ha. Fun hunt.

I'm going to continue bouncing around to different properties and catch a break at some point.

Keep at it Gordo. You gonna smash one soon!
    One good minute....can change your whole season.

Page 137 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139 ... LastLast