Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Team 3

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
That works for me! Saw 12 does this weekend with 6 fawns. No bucks and I didn’t shoot a doe because I was waiting on my buck to show up... oh well it’s a long season

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
I have yet to get out, and am not sure when I will.
Sort of not motivated right now due to it being early season and just following spending 9 days on a grind of a moose hunt. Slow hunt, we only saw one the 3rd day. It was a real big bull and closed from 400 or so yards out to about 90. My heart got pumping real good, but he saw something he didn't like and went back the way he came from.
Got some family stuff this weekend, then the following weekend I have a camp-out with my girls. It's a long season though, and I'll get us some points sooner or later.....
Good luck to all!

Alphamax10

Kirtland, Ohio
Damn that’s a shame he didn’t come in for a shot! No worries, we have a few months and I don’t really care about winning just glad to get to know you guys better.

I have a wedding this weekend (out of town) then the next two weekends to hunt. After that I’m going to Illinois for a whitetail but for a little over a week Oct 27-Nov 5. So I’m looking to add points in one of the places!

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
fullsizeoutput_11ca.jpg

here is a more recent picture of my target, sorry not great photo, it is a screen shot from a video. also have another nice 10 point that is not as big but still very nice

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
I have yet to get out for myself.
I did take one of my daughters yesterday evening and we saw around 20 in the plot we were watching. We could have shot several does, but her youth tag is any-sex and she is waiting on a decent buck to fill it. We did see one nice 8, but was a bit too far for her to shoot. I'm sure she'll get one sooner or later, and I did get the girls each doe tags for 2nd shotgun.
Still not sure when I will get out. Early muzzy goes through this weekend, so any time I do have to go will be spent out with the girls!
I'll get a pic next time to get us our 5 youth points.