Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New to Ohio Hunting

Matt_Desin

Hey Everyone,

This is going to be my first year hunting in Ohio, I have hunted in Pennsylvania and in Texas.

I live in Uniontown, I have tried to ask mutiple people for permission to hunt on there land, but it seems no one wants to let people hunt. I was told that Dale Walborn Reservoir is a public hunting ground for bow hunting. Is it a good area to hunt or does anyone have any suggestion on areas to Bow hunt?

thanks,

Matt

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Welcome to TOO forum. Permission is out there for private land you just need to talk to the right people.
Don't show up at meal time or in camo clothes. Or too early or too late or Sunday.
IMHO

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Walborn has deer on it, it doesn't get the pressure that you'd think it would. Have had some friends hunt it with varying success rates. There are bridle paths thru the entire area, walk them and look for good sign and adjust accordingly....

Welcome to the site...

Floki

You also got west branch public hunting, as well as Strasberg public land. Saltfork public and a lot of public aroun tappan lake.

Floki

No trying to annoy anyone just trying to get my 50 post in. I know their is a a deer contest coming up.

Floki

So I've done annoyed myself. Anyhow good luck to ya. Definitely get out early next summer and go down pressler road.
I know one farmer their lets the first 10 or 15 people that ask hunt yearly.

Floki

Union town is right before hartville off canton road area. Three miles or so from Springfield high school headed towards Kames.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Welcome to TOO. Just keep after it on getting permission. Many hunters are in the same situation these days. Good luck!