Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Steiner Optic thank you

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I sent my Steiner Predator 8x32 binocs back for warranty. The adjustment piece fell off and has been a problem from day one. First time I used them was on my last elk hunt in CO. The eye piece fell off and I lost it. When leaving camp I found the eye piece beside the horses and lucky it wasn't stepped on.
It fell of last year deer hunting and lost it.
Yesterday they recieved them and the repair cost is $25 after I already spent $14 shipping. I wasn't happy so I sent a email asking why not under warranty. I got a phone call immediately explaining the serial # showed a production date of 2005 and only 10 yr warranty. I tried explaining I didn't have them 12 yrs. Doesn't make a difference the warranty goes off the production date. I told him I'm not happy.
To make me feel better he said instead of 4-6 week repair time he would fix them today and ship 2 day Air. Put I would still have to pay the $25. OK but not happy.
They transferred me to customer service for my CC # but got the wrong Dept. They took my phone #. Never called back.
I just got a email the repaired binocs were shipped today 2 day shipping. They never called me for my CC # so I guess they felt they wanted a satisfied customer.

My thanks to Steiner Optics.
FYI now since 2014 Steiner has a 30 yr warranty.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Received my binocular back today cleaned and repaired with new parts. They are as new again.
I really like these Steiner Predator 8x30 binocular. They are of the type that non adjustable once adjusted for your eyes. This make them really quick to use. Just pick them up and look through them. They have served me well these last 10 yrs. They maybe a little heavy but with a binocular harness they are OK.