Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Weird

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Friday I leave for my Idaho elk/deer hunting trip. Normally by now I'm so pumped I can hardly stand it. This time it's different and I almost don't seem to care. I've been training hard (last night did 3.5 miles up the mountain with 40 pounds on my back) and have shot a little bit (using my compound so I don't need to shoot as much). A few days ago I pull my clothes out and left them in a pile. I still need to wash and start packing them. I have several other things I need to do, but I just can't get motivated to do it.

I have been dealing with family issues and other distractions so maybe that's what is. Hopefully a week in the mountains will get my head clear.

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Sounds like a little mountain air is needed, mother nature does wonders for the mind!

Could be you know what is expected and your prepared???

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Sounds like a little mountain air is needed, mother nature does wonders for the mind!

Could be you know what is expected and your prepared???

You know I think that is a big piece. This is my third trip to this location, I have everything I'll need, and it takes 30 minutes to pack. Maybe I'm just becoming "seasoned".... LOL

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
OK, I got off my butt last night and starting getting my stuff ready. I put a stick on refrigerator lock on my IGLOO 120 quart cooler sealed the extra door on the lid with liquid nails. I never use it and don't need it coming open on the airplane. Tonight I'm going to put some weather seal around the edges where the lid seals. This should help reduce the amount of cool air coming out.

I also did some shooting at 40, 50, 60 yards. I'm GTG with that. I even shot broad heads at 60 to make sure I'm on target. I sure love my elk target.

Tonight is my last training hike. I'm planning on dropping the weight down to 25 or 30 pounds and doing five miles. Tomorrow and Friday are rest days. I don't arrive in ID until 9 pm Friday night. By the time we get to camp it'll be close to midnight.

Last edited: