Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The Greater Cleveland area....

grfox92

Welcome to TOO. I live in Ashtabula, county, about 30 east of Mentor. Can't really help you out other as I am sure you know those area's are very populated as far as people, businesses, stores, mall's...ect. I would head more east but that is just my two cents.
I spent some time in Geneva on the lake. Beautiful area.

Isaacorps

Columbus
Check with the local municipalities to see if they have an organized urban hunting program. I'm part of one in suburban Columbus that allows us to hunt the city parks. It's organized and run by parks and rec and the PD. Pretty cool program, not sure it there's anything like that up there but it's worth checking around. Welcome and good luck!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
NW Ohio here. I'm no help. Glad to have you on the forum. Good luck to you. Someone needs to link the thread about Big Country texting Gary. Our new friend might feel more welcome. If in were new I'd feel like I was being hazed or something. Lol

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Oh my gosh. That was a bad idea. I just went thru the thread again. Laughed a lot, but maybe not the best idea.

Well Gary, at least you have an explanation. We aren't hazing you or anything. Hope you aren't easily offended.

Bigcountry40

why is that?

I like my Gary better, he could deal with some random drunk sending explicit text for 12 hours!:smiley_cheers:

On another side note and being serious again, check the Concord area outside Mentor, may find some small acreage parcels that will allow hunting, lots of deer, high class area with rural suburban developments

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I like my Gary better, he could deal with some random drunk sending explicit text for 12 hours!:smiley_cheers:

On another side note and being serious again, check the Concord area outside Mentor, may find some small acreage parcels that will allow hunting, lots of deer, high class area with rural suburban developments

Talk too people pissed off about 3k dollars of landscaping being eaten.... Landscapers could help with that lol

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
I spent some time in Geneva on the lake. Beautiful area.

GOL is a pretty neat area with a lot of history behind it. It's called "The Strip" with a lot of cool places. This weekend though will be super crazy, it is "Thunder On The Strip" the last big party before it shuts down for winter. It is like a smaller version of Sturgis.

http://thunderonthestrip.com/

I live in Chesterland, about 20 minutes south of Mentor, grew up in the area. In order to hunt in Mentor I believe the landowner has to have 5 acres, could be wrong. That's a tough find. If you can knock on doors or hook up with someone in Kirtland, it's pretty good in some areas. And there is plenty of good deer hunting to be had within an hour drive. Pretty much anywhere in Geauga county, Madison(my buddy kills some monsters there), or Perry, just gotta put in some time on the road and ask. Hambden Orchard is the closest public land to my knowledge, but it's garbage hunting. Grand river wildlife area and Mosquito Wildlife Area(the parts that are open to the public) hold some big deer if you can get away from the other hunters. And I would suggest putting in for the lake and geauga county park hunts. Geauga is better, but they are ok. I got drawn for Lake a few years back and my spot sucked balls, but so is life.

rooster85

Lake County
Gary, welcome to TOO. Lots of great folks on here and tons of info. I'm from lake county, some pretty good bucks here, access is tight but that's how it goes in Ohio. Shoot me a pm if you like.