Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New safety harness,,, which one???

Just 1 More

I'm in the market for a new harness.. I want a good one, light weight, not bulky, not a vest, So far Muddy is at the top of my list. What's y'all's opinions & recommendations?

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Had a Black Diamond.. Didn't like it.. Climbing harnesses are not for me... but Thank you
If that's the case, the muddy harness is probably your best option. I ran one for years and it was lightweight and comfortable. I just never liked having the strap between my shoulder blades, as I always felt it was in my way.

Jake_C

I have had several (never a muddy though) and the Gorilla I'm using now is my favorite. It's not the lightest one i've uesd but I've done test falls in all of them, and its the only one I'd want to spend ANY amount of time hanging in.

Just 1 More

Well.................. I went for the Summit Pro.. Figured no one has tried it so what the hell.. I'll try it and see. It's what Lee & Tiff wear now so it can't be all that bad.. right??? lmao
I figured, what the hell, i'll buy it, try it and give my opinion weather you want it or not. Plus, it has a phone pouch that attaches to the Molle system that I just had to have :smiley_bril:

Harness by F G, on Flickr
sum74937 by F G, on Flickr