Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1023's Trail Cam Pics: 2017 Edition

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Cam check at the farm was fairly decent. The 21st was the day to be in the woods apparently. Had 2 shooters and a stud 2.5 year old on their feet during daylight. These two bucks are sitting atop my list of desirable deer right now. The daylight pic is of a buck with great beams, just no tine length. He beat the pants off the 2.5 year old down in our big food plot this week, breaking off the right brow of the deer we call Lebron. Actually helps me out because the 9 point in the dark pic looks a lot like Lebron. With the broken brow, it'll make a snap judgement a little easier. Hopefully I can put the wife on one come muzzleloader!

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
He dead. Congrats to Dan down the road. Killed him last night. I can remove this one from my late season strategy. Is it duck season yet?!?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ouch. That is a pretty rack. Things can change quickly Jesse. For the worse OR for the better. Good luck this weekend!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
As someone who loses as much sleep over the doe numbers as I do certain bucks, this pic gives me great joy. It also makes me wonder where they all go when I'm out there and how many more there might be inside our 640 acre block. I was going to hold Tracie off shooting a doe on Saturday, but it appears just one won't hurt!

IMG_0177.jpg

Fletch

Supporting Member
Well.... If there was a food source there, the deer will come from miles away and herd up at this time of the year.. So a few does can be deceiving..

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Looks like they’ve started to yard up in your area Jesse. That’d be my guess as to why you have a group like that. It’s been awhile since I’ve seen one like that myself.