Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1023's Trail Cam Pics: 2017 Edition

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Lay out under your truck with a cross bow. lol

Good luck Jesse. They would look great with your tag on one of them!

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Cross bow and ghille suit??? My uncle does that when he is laying on ditches out in the middle of cut cornfields and he has success.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I let this cam soak 6 weeks in a funnel on what's traditionally has been my honey-hole. However the neighborhood has went to hell in a hand basket in recent years and the lack of pics confirmed that its as bad as expected. The highlight would be this guy. Love to see him get another year, but I know the days of killing 5 and 6 year old deer back here are gone. Time to strike while the iron is hot!

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Dad's 2004 buck was 21" wide, so I'd say you can trace this lineage back a ways! I started the corn on Saturday, but it'll be dueling bait piles for a while with the new neighbors. I have a little trick up my sleeve that should make mine a bigger draw, especially since I haven't hunted back there all year. This is my new go to spot for late season.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Had a cam that was acting up, so I brought it home and tinkered with it, then hung it out back for a field test. Might just leave it there! Couple decent bucks out there, including the first 6x6 I've ever had on cam. Not bad for 2.34 acres!

IMG_0305.jpg