Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2017 Phil's pics

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That explains it. Hope you can keep tabs on him

Haven't seen him since these pics back in September. Had the narrow rack in bow range. Pulled video camera out to video him. Gave him a pass. I think he is just a real cool looking 2yr old. Sadly, I haven't really seen any "bonus bucks" during the alleged rut that allegedly took place. No strangers wandered through. A bit mind boggling. I have seen some on other properties, but none have been "monsters". Just a bunch of different 1-2 and occasional 3yr olds I have never seen. Only high light of recent has been the tall 9pt that showed back up. I'm seeing 135ish. Honestly still not sure if he is a 3yr old. I'm struggling to believe this is a stud of a 2yr old, but I'm just not sure he is 3. This deer has a very similar rack to the 14pt I killed in 2013. If he could make it 1-2 more years. . . Not sure anyone will pass him if they get a shot at him this year. . . . Myself included. That is just the kind of year I am having. I don't care. Stuff some meat in the freezer. Make a euro mount. Call it a season. Preferably just take a nice doe and/or have one of my MIA shooters from September show up.

Here are a couple of the 2yr old 135ish? Maybe 3yr old? Last one is my narrow rack regular.

11160197.jpg11160196.jpg11130038.jpg

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Haven't seen him since these pics back in September. Had the narrow rack in bow range. Pulled video camera out to video him. Gave him a pass. I think he is just a real cool looking 2yr old. Sadly, I haven't really seen any "bonus bucks" during the alleged rut that allegedly took place. No strangers wandered through. A bit mind boggling. I have seen some on other properties, but none have been "monsters". Just a bunch of different 1-2 and occasional 3yr olds I have never seen. Only high light of recent has been the tall 9pt that showed back up. I'm seeing 135ish. Honestly still not sure if he is a 3yr old. I'm struggling to believe this is a stud of a 2yr old, but I'm just not sure he is 3. This deer has a very similar rack to the 14pt I killed in 2013. If he could make it 1-2 more years. . . Not sure anyone will pass him if they get a shot at him this year. . . . Myself included. That is just the kind of year I am having. I don't care. Stuff some meat in the freezer. Make a euro mount. Call it a season. Preferably just take a nice doe and/or have one of my MIA shooters from September show up.

Here are a couple of the 2yr old 135ish? Maybe 3yr old? Last one is my narrow rack regular.

I haven't picked up any new bucks in November either. I talked to the local outfitter and he said next week will be the peak of the rut for our area. Thought this was interesting info.

Cool buck!