Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What arrows and broadheads are you shooting this year?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Backup bow? I should tell my wife that that is a thing people do haha.
Absolutely. Then you tell her you need a backup for your backup. When you buy another it is "because it is a good deal and I'll have a loaner bow for friends". Or "this is for the kids when they are ready."

Or. . . .just don't ask. She'll get over it.

Fletching? At $2-3/arrow, PLUS the time driving to and from the archery shop- well worth the tiny investment.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am shooting Easton ST Excel 300's with 150 grain Magnus Stingers for my compound... Total arrow weight is right around 500 grains.

For my new-to-me recurve I'll be shooting Gold Tip Traditional Classics in 400 spine with 78 grain insert and either 100 or 125 grain Magnus Stingers, 4" feathers on 7" wraps... Total arrow weight should be around 540 grains I think. Soon as I get these fletched up I'll post some pics and confirm weight.

Kempire

Gold tip xt hunters (340s). 3 blazers with slight 2 degree right hand helical (more of an offset though because it's only 2 deg.) and white wraps (because you have to look fancy!). 100gr NAP killzone trophy tips.

I've shot gold tips since I started archery and I just haven't found a reason to stop. They may not be the fastest but man do they hold up. Just a super resilient arrow.

As far as the killzones go, I first shot them last year and I almost felt bad when I saw the hole it put in the doe I shot. Those things are devistating. Fly pretty good too which isn't always an easy thing to say with broadheads.

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Rage 2'' cut, 100 grain, 2 blade using Beman ICS Crossbow Hunter bolts or with my Easton A/C/C Superlite arrows using my compound.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Not changing anything this year. Sticking with same ones last year .

scottofalltrades

Lot of Easton and goldtip in here. Maybe after I stop bleeding money on gear this year, I'll have to look at both next year. Still no Ohio bow kill.[emoji852]️

Creb19

Maxima reds with rage hypodermic @70 pounds 31 inch draw 450gr total arrow weight. -------Serious question ..Why so many Slick Trick fans !?!?!

Last edited: