Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

EHD in Ohio?

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Working at Buckmaster's (Ben) camp this weekend in Jefferson Co checked the water holes and creek and didn't see or smell any dead deerz which was a relief

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Working at Buckmaster's (Ben) camp this weekend in Jefferson Co checked the water holes and creek and didn't see or smell any dead deerz which was a relief

Did some scouting on some public land with my brother today, nothing found and we covered 90% of it...
Especially around water...

Jake_C

Did some scouting on some public land with my brother today, nothing found and we covered 90% of it...
Especially around water...

Same down my way. I've been out the last 3 weekends and walked several creek bottoms. not one found. My BIL told me that he found one dead doe in the creek on my wife's grandmothers property but wasn't sure what killed her. that's between me and wellsville.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Same down my way. I've been out the last 3 weekends and walked several creek bottoms. not one found. My BIL told me that he found one dead doe in the creek on my wife's grandmothers property but wasn't sure what killed her. that's between me and wellsville.

We were a little northeast of you off of 30...

Hogmister13

I've lost count how many I've found in Ky, over 40 at least in my county. Also I'm finding a lot of them nowhere near water, on ridges and thickets as well.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Our club decided one deer, either sex. The last few seasons have been buck only.

Not sure what the right answer is, but at least they're limiting hunters to one deer on club grounds.
Thats an awesome thing to do

Buckmaster

Portage
Our Jefferson Co. club is still at 2 deer as far as I know. This is year #4 with the antler restriction of 4 on one side. It should pay dividends this year as last year I saw lots of 120" bucks.

I've only seen pictures of one dead one so far. I personally haven't seen or smelled a dead one yet and I'm 7 miles from Cotty's club.