Untitled
Untitled
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 281 to 289 of 289

Thread: EHD in Ohio?

  1. #281
    *Supporting Member* cotty16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Woods or baseball field... take your pick.
    Posts
    17,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckmaster View Post
    My Jeff Co. corn pile was placed out on Nov 3 to hold whatever does are left to the property. When I left Nov. 12th it remained untouched.

    At least the squirrels and bluejays are happy.
    Now THAT is a sign that there is something wrong! Somebody in the higher up section better open their eyes.
    Fun how ev'rything was roses
    When we held on to the guns.

  2. #282
    *Supporting Member* cotty16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Woods or baseball field... take your pick.
    Posts
    17,371
    Quote Originally Posted by "J" View Post
    Mike have they had anymore talk about doin that?
    I really don't know. I saw one guy posted on the Club's FB page trying to recruit adults to drive deer for the kids for youth gun this weekend. Apparently this dude doesn't have a clue.
    Fun how ev'rything was roses
    When we held on to the guns.

  3. #283
    *Supporting Member*
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    6,348
    Quote Originally Posted by cotty16 View Post
    I really don't know. I saw one guy posted on the Club's FB page trying to recruit adults to drive deer for the kids for youth gun this weekend. Apparently this dude doesn't have a clue.
    Just a simple thought of shooting what deer is left. Then probably complain in the coming years of too few deer.
    "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid."-John Wayne

  4. #284
    Quote Originally Posted by MK111 View Post
    Just a simple thought of shooting what deer is left. Then probably complain in the coming years of too few deer.
    It takes some people longer to realize they've been misled and lied to than others. Yet still there are also others who will never care as long as they can go back to work and say "i got my deer" even knowing it was the last one in the whole county. If only there was a managing body that hunters trusted to manage the deer population to a level acceptable by all and not just multi-billion dollar insurance companies.

  5. #285
    *Supporting Member*
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    6,348
    I believe the small minority of hunters who will pass on deer to leave the herd rebuild maybe only 15-20% on the high side. The other 80% will shoot deer until there are none. I also do believe TOO forum members are a cut above the average deer hunters and may not go along with this thinking. We do it and why can't everyone do it? It won't happen sorry to say. They just want a deer.
    "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid."-John Wayne

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by MK111 View Post
    I believe the small minority of hunters who will pass on deer to leave the herd rebuild maybe only 15-20% on the high side. The other 80% will shoot deer until there are none. I also do believe TOO forum members are a cut above the average deer hunters and may not go along with this thinking. We do it and why can't everyone do it? It won't happen sorry to say. They just want a deer.
    Agree a million percent. And i too think thats on the high side. I can't tell you the number of people i have talked to over the years who told me their story about how deer numbers are way down in their area compared to years past. Usually its a conversation like "we used to have a ton of deer, but now there isn't, i hunted for 4 days in my one spot before i saw a deer this year." My question is always. "Did you shoot it" and 99% of the time the answer is yes. I just shake my head. Thats why I'm so adamant that the "self conservation" pitch is a pipe dream. It would be fantastic if enough people could see it and self police, but the reality of that is slim to none in any volume that would make a positive impact as a whole.

  7. #287
    *Supporting Member* cotty16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Woods or baseball field... take your pick.
    Posts
    17,371
    Well, the weather looks like shit on Saturday so maybe the guns will stay quiet.
    Fun how ev'rything was roses
    When we held on to the guns.

  8. #288
    Quote Originally Posted by cotty16 View Post
    Well, the weather looks like shit on Saturday so maybe the guns will stay quiet.
    It will not be youthful friendly with wind and rain forecasted. Those deer will be tucked in bed all day.
    99%er

  9. #289
    *Supporting Member* cotty16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Woods or baseball field... take your pick.
    Posts
    17,371
    Sucks because I love seeing the kiddos get out experience success. But dang... I'm torn. I don't know what to root for.
    Fun how ev'rything was roses
    When we held on to the guns.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •