Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2017-18' Buckeyes

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Ok this is what I see,, lol. The bucks with JT will have their hands FULL with USC let alone playing with JT against any of the top 4.. The Bucks D line is one of the best but when your Offense goes 3 and out time and time again your D spends to much time on the field and wears down and makes unusual mistakes. I think Bama gets revenge and then gets beat by the Sooners in the end.

USC will test the Bucks secondary, I just hope in the end we can get some turnovers and come out on top.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ok this is what I see,, lol. The bucks with JT will have their hands FULL with USC let alone playing with JT against any of the top 4.. The Bucks D line is one of the best but when your Offense goes 3 and out time and time again your D spends to much time on the field and wears down and makes unusual mistakes. I think Bama gets revenge and then gets beat by the Sooners in the end.

USC will test the Bucks secondary, I just hope in the end we can get some turnovers and come out on top.
My money is on Oklahoma also. I haven't watched much footage yet but what i have seen was impressive.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Clemson and Georgia in the title game with Dabo hoisting up the trophy again, IMO.

OSU would have gotten embarrassed again imo! Got to have a QB that can throw an accurate deep ball and a coaching staff that’s not so dang conservative and predictable. Just hate seeing Nick get another chance though. Ugh

Wmiller07

I watched the game on YouTube yesterday and everyone said how great Barrett looked. I thought he looked like crap. He missed multiple open receivers and threw into double coverage multiple times. He is lucky he only had two interceptions. Good riddance.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
FSU had a lot more wrong with their team than just missing their starting QB Joe! The worst OL in prolly the entire country! They would have lost half their games on the schedule with or without him! IMO
Regardless, I feel that there shouldn't be ANY preseason rankings until at least the conference games start.

Alabama had more of a cupcake schedule than OSU did and still made it in the playoffs! Lol
OSU does not deserve to go because of their inconsistency in play.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Agreed. Barrett was hardly able. If it weren't for one good throw, he's a complete flop in that game. Paris Campbell made him look good on the other long pass. I hate how reliant our offense has been on JT being able to run the ball and his down field passing is no better than mine. I think you'll see a much more dynamic and ultimately, a much better team next year. Anything short of a title game appearance next year is a failure IMO with the talent that is there.

As for our bowl game situation, we didn't deserve a spot in the playoff, but I felt USC deserved it as a conference champion with losses better than ours (cumulatively) and despite a weaker SOS, if I'm on the committee, winning your conference outweighs whatever it is they see in Alabama. And for all those haters who think there's a greater conspiracy to keep the Buckeyes in the midst of things, that stance is even more laughable now.

I like the match up with USC. Bosa and Hubbard will make Darnold's night a long one. I expect a healthy JT and he'll be able to run the ball well enough to control the game.

OSU 34 - USC 28

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
FSU had a lot more wrong with their team than just missing their starting QB Joe! The worst OL in prolly the entire country! They would have lost half their games on the schedule with or without him! IMO
Regardless, I feel that there shouldn't be ANY preseason rankings until at least the conference games start.

Alabama had more of a cupcake schedule than OSU did and still made it in the playoffs! Lol
OSU does not deserve to go because of their inconsistency in play.
The SOS at the beginning of season was Alabama 9 and OSU 3. At the end it was Alabama 10 OSU 2. A gap yes, but not one so large that its a no brainer. They don't only look at SOS as in they played a good team vs a weak team. They also look at how someone handled those weaker teams. Did they struggle through just maintaining the lead, did it come down to the wire, or did that team come out and dominate putting a 30 point lead on them and had their third string freshmen in half way through the third. Not saying OSU didn't do this just saying they also look at if a team dominated with consistency.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Saw the last 3 downs for USC and the victory formation. Grabbing a shower, more coffee, and heading back out in the plow truck. Caught bits and pieces on the radio. Looking forward to watching the replay of this game. The parts I listened to sounded pretty solid. A win is a win. Good to see Northwestern win. Good to see the Buckeyes win. Hopefully some more Big 10 teams post up some nice victories. I know other bowl games are done but I haven't seen results. Go Clemson!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Our D-LINE was the difference tonight. JT played good and I wish him well. Glad we’re moving on, hope we get back to recruiting QB’s that can throw first and not rely on their feet to move the sticks.