Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2017-18' Buckeyes

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Look at Elliott Mealer. He and his family was huge Ohio state fans and he ends up play for Michigan. Why? Because Michigan was the only school to come to wauseon high school to meet him personally instead of just sending a letter so he's like ok I'll come to Ann arbor and check it out. The rest of the story is history!

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Look at Elliott Mealer. He and his family was huge Ohio state fans and he ends up play for Michigan. Why? Because Michigan was the only school to come to wauseon high school to meet him personally instead of just sending a letter so he's like ok I'll come to Ann arbor and check it out. The rest of the story is history!

I watched a special on him, a story of how it came about. Very good story.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Yeah we always bug the pahl concrete truck drivers that we want T-shirts when we see them since we use them exclusively so one day were doing a pour and this guy shows up with some shirts for us. So we're bullshiting with this guy and my buddy says you look familiar did you play ball? And he's like yeah I played for Michigan and tells us who he is. My buddy has a Crete business and never knew that Elliott's family owned Pahls. I almost wanted to turn into a Michigan fan almost lol. Anybody that doesn't know what they been through Google the Elliott Mealer ESPN interview and have some tissues ready.

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Not sure how anyone could continue to 100% hate Michigan after watching what they did, not just for him but his family.