Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fletch's N.J. Black Bear 2017 Adventures....

Fletch

Supporting Member
So I'm coming home the other day and I notice this billboard ad taken out by the anti bear hunting group that call themselves savenjbears.. Tomorrow they will be protesting at the bear check stations and some will get arrested.. In Oct a professor from a NY city college got arrested for crossing the line that the state allows them to protest in.. He is arrested every year and finally got some jail time last year.. We'll see what he gets in the way of jail time this year. Might be more fun to not hunt and just go to a check station to watch their antics...

billboard.jpg

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
So I'm coming home the other day and I notice this billboard ad taken out by the anti bear hunting group that call themselves savenjbears.. Tomorrow they will be protesting at the bear check stations and some will get arrested.. In Oct a professor from a NY city college got arrested for crossing the line that the state allows them to protest in.. He is arrested every year and finally got some jail time last year.. We'll see what he gets in the way of jail time this year. Might be more fun to not hunt and just go to a check station to watch their antics...

View attachment 58336
Lol. I wonder how much money they actually spend in the conservation of wildlife, pretty sure it ain't even close to what we spend.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Well checked the camera Sunday and had like 100 pics on it.... Whole family of coons worked my bait pile every night till it was gone except for some corn. Got to get Chad to do a road trapping trip. LOL...... Yesterday proved very foggy most of the day and I saw nothing. Back at it Wed. after this rain moves through. Expectations are at an all time low though as my spot has totally dried up this year...
coons.jpg

I just read an article about your new governor and the end of your bear season. I'm with Brock it about made me cry. Just how are these people going to control the population? They are not the people who will get their trash spread all over the place or hit one with their car. Politics has no place in wild life management.

Good luck this week

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Moronic politicians that cannot stay within the confines of a budget think they know best inall facets. Amazing.

Fletch

Supporting Member
This new governor is clueless... Besides putting an end to the bear seasons he plans on making gun laws stricter in N.J. WTF,, How stricter can you get? We have the strictest gun laws now in the country. These bear activists are a bunch of sick puppies just check out their web site www.savenjbears.com They hold candle light vigils for the harvested bears and all kind of shit. One time there was a big bear hitting the dumpster at a local deli on a daily basis. There was a school close by so the state decided to trap the bear and move it. Well one woman went into the culvert trap and tripped it so it would close, with her inside. Courts gave her a slap on the wrist. They walk around in the woods harassing hunters every season. All the while these same weirdos are wearing leather coats etc made out of animals skins. But that's ok. Told my wife if things really go South here with this governor Ill be looking to move..

Wmiller07

What will happen is they will hire people to hunt them when they get out of control. Good luck with everything.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
This new governor is clueless... Besides putting an end to the bear seasons he plans on making gun laws stricter in N.J. WTF,, How stricter can you get? We have the strictest gun laws now in the country. These bear activists are a bunch of sick puppies just check out their web site www.savenjbears.com They hold candle light vigils for the harvested bears and all kind of shit. One time there was a big bear hitting the dumpster at a local deli on a daily basis. There was a school close by so the state decided to trap the bear and move it. Well one woman went into the culvert trap and tripped it so it would close, with her inside. Courts gave her a slap on the wrist. They walk around in the woods harassing hunters every season. All the while these same weirdos are wearing leather coats etc made out of animals skins. But that's ok. Told my wife if things really go South here with this governor Ill be looking to move..

Just passing this along in... Hopefully hunters in NJ are all over this.... http://www.sportsmensalliance.org/n...ersey-fish-game-council-animal-rights-groups/

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great read catching up with this thread Rich. Good luck!

Sad to read about this new puppet the anti’s have gotten into office as your Governor. SMH

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
[emoji44] wtf...what does the human society have to do with hunting and fishing?!

Nothing. This is not the Humane Society. It's the humane society of the United States. Play on words used by anti hunting bunch of douchebags.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Well.. The second part of the season came to an end Sat. I came up empty handed. But that's ok, as I don't have to kill something to have a great time. During the second segment of the season there were 138 bears taken. This combined with 244 bears taken in Oct. totaled 382 bears harvested... As I said above somewhere, they base the population on how many bears were taken during the hunt that were handled and tagged during the year. Looks like there were not enough tagged bears harvested, therefore looks like they may extend the season another 4 days, that being tis Wed. through Sat. Boy that will make the antis happy... With snow on the ground, I may have to take my 870 for a walk and see how many tracks I can find... Check out the attached pic... My son went to take his kids to school this morning and look who was in his driveway this morning or last night... Thing is, hes in a residential area where houses are not spread out and the surrounding area is not what I would call bear habitat.. Stop the hunt and we are looking for a disaster..

20341.jpeg

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
When I was still working in the Finance business the Company offered me a Auditor position in NJ. I turned it down as I felt I couldn't live there with my firearm views. That was a good decision.
Good luck in your bear hunt if they extend it.