Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fletch's N.J. Black Bear 2017 Adventures....

Fletch

Supporting Member
When I was still working in the Finance business the Company offered me a Auditor position in NJ. I turned it down as I felt I couldn't live there with my firearm views. That was a good decision.
Good luck in your bear hunt if they extend it.

That was a wise decision... When it comes to sportsmans rights.. This state sucks.. Only going to get worse. If I could convince the wife, I'd sell my house tomorrow and buy a small farm somewhere, maybe Ohio...

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Good luck on the extended hunt Fletch! Hopefully it all comes together for you.

[emoji44] wtf...what does the human society have to do with hunting and fishing?!

Dave - they are one of the largest anti-hunting organizations in existence. However, the Humane Society of the United States is not to be confused with your local county humane society. They are not affiliated at all and only share similar names. The proposed legislation in the link I posted is basically an end-around play to replace 3 sportsmen seats on the New Jersey Fish and Game Council with 3 anti-hunting organization representatives. The Sierra Club and Animal Protection League are anti-hunting organizations as well.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Well... Its over... Sorry guys no harvest pics. After last year I went into this year with very high hopes of getting the bear of my dreams. Guess it just wasn't in the cards.. My spot went totally dry for the most part. Yeh there were bears there but not any giants like last year and years past. I could have moved to a new area but I had my sights set on one of those giants that I have had encounters with previous years and I was willing to eat my tag and go empty handed rather than get a lesser bear. On the last day last week we had 3 inches of snow fall overnight (great tracking ), so I set out and walked for miles without cutting a single bear track. At 3 PM I wound up at my spot that I had cameras and bait out. As I contemplated sitting there till dark looking out across the swamp, I threw in the towel and decided to slowly walk out. Gotta know when to say I give up.. With our new tree-hugging governor coming in and vowing to end the bear hunts, who knows when I'll hunt that area again? Thanks for following along...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
That’s hunting for ya, glad to follow along with your adventures Rich. Here’s hoping a new adventure starts again in the near future for ya buddy...