Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

When's your bowcation?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm jealous! You should catch some of the rut with that vacation lol.

LMAO

Yes, that'd be sweet! I can't complain though, from 11/2-12/3 I only have 7 days in which I have to be at work but family obligations and other stuff I'm sure will pop up at some point during that stretch. It is nice to have some wiggle room in which to get some hunting in during sweet November...:smiley_coolpeace:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
This waiting for the action to start is really trying lol... Haven’t been out much and passed on this cold morning after not seeing anything last evening.... Bring on Halloween!!!

Cogz

Cogz
TX
start a new position on 11/1 so my plan of 10/28 - 11/12 has been changed to 10/28 - 10/31 and 11/4 - 11/12 then gun season.

lots of chores ahead of me so hopefully i can make it out

Just 1 More

Leaving in the morning, making the drive out to Kansas for 2 weeks of serious deer hunting... or less... depending on if I tag out. If I do tag out, then i'm headed back to Ohio to catch what's left of the rut

runhunter

What part of Ohio are you in? The more time I spend in the woods, the more I like later in the rut. Took my buck on the 13th last year and saw great action the 12th-14th. Also had big daylight cruisers on camera on November 21st and 22nd. Over the years I think I've seen the biggest bucks chasing the 12th-18th of November. I honestly think I'd take the 10th and the 17th. the first week of November tends to be dead for me here in NE Ohio.

This is well said... I've always planned my OH trips for the first week of November, and always leave feeling like it's just starting to get good. So, I'm leaving on the 10th this year, and hunting the 11-17th or 18th. It's the old bull up on the hill ya know... I had originally planned on coming the 3rd -10th this year, and the more I saw the forecast, it showed a lot of mid 60's and rain, so I changed it back to 11th - 18th. I was fortunate to be able to wait out the forecast as long as possible before committing, and I'll take hunting the Nov teens with cooler temps any day

tpierce

I've been kind of quiet on here. My wife's mom is 86 and will probably pass on in the next day or 2. She lost her dad in June, and now this, so not sure if it's in the cards for me to get out this year. But I sure enjoy reading about all your experiences. It's great to live vicariously thru you. She says she wants me to go next week, but I don't know if I can do it. I'd probably feel like shit. You know how women have a way of saying what they want you to do when they really don't. Any advice from experienced?

Isaacorps

Columbus
Sorry to hear that. You’ll thank your self in the long run for spending this time with her. And she won’t forget what you do either way. Best of luck during a tough time