Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

When's your bowcation?

nis1

I think a lot of you guys are short changing yourselves by not hunting a little later. The most insane rutting activity for me has been the 13-14 the last two years, right at the tail end of my rutcation. I'm shooting for the 7th-19th this year, also the first day of gun.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My big thing is too not burn myself out coming outta the gate... Took it easy last year and it helped....

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
I think a lot of you guys are short changing yourselves by not hunting a little later. The most insane rutting activity for me has been the 13-14 the last two years, right at the tail end of my rutcation. I'm shooting for the 7th-19th this year, also the first day of gun.

I agree that later will be better. Early calendar year this year. Ill be waiting on a good cold front in early November to start my rut hunt.

angelzd28

I work 4 10's Tuesday thru Friday. Gonna take a day or 2 off every Friday or Thursday in November to coincide with a long weekend. That way I can put together 4 or 5 days straight during the rut. Also if the weather looks killer then just take off that day to hit it.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'll have my choice from 11/3-11/12 and 11/17-12/3 but I'll only have like 10 to 12 days of vacation to use in that time period. I will be taking the week of gun season off cuz it's an absolute blast all week at our deer camp!:smiley_coolpeace:

Pun intended.....:smiley_bril:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I work 4 10's Tuesday thru Friday. Gonna take a day or 2 off every Friday or Thursday in November to coincide with a long weekend. That way I can put together 4 or 5 days straight during the rut. Also if the weather looks killer then just take off that day to hit it.

Flex tour, gotta love it lol

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I'll take days in early Nov up to about the 10th , then hunt probably take more days from the 20th on. I have very little success hunting the teen days of Nov except for seeing bb and small bucks. Bigger deer are usually locked down and the does are hiding out since they keep getting pestered all the time . So it's end of October , early Nov , and the week before Thanksgiving for me. I'll pick and choose my days based on temps , weather , and wind .

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'll take days in early Nov up to about the 10th , then hunt probably take more days from the 20th on. I have very little success hunting the teen days of Nov except for seeing bb and small bucks. Bigger deer are usually locked down and the does are hiding out since they keep getting pestered all the time . So it's end of October , early Nov , and the week before Thanksgiving for me. I'll pick and choose my days based on temps , weather , and wind .
This ∆∆∆

Jake_C

I have 120 hours I lose if I don't use so I've been fighting my ass off to get Oct 30-Nov13 and nov27-dec3. Just got approval back last week. No holding out for antlers this year. I'll shoot a couple of doe if I get the chance and spend the rest of the time with the family.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I have 120 hours I lose if I don't use so I've been fighting my ass off to get Oct 30-Nov13 and nov27-dec3. Just got approval back last week. No holding out for antlers this year. I'll shoot a couple of doe if I get the chance and spend the rest of the time with the family.

How's it going Jake??? Good too see ya post....

Isaacorps

Columbus
So I've pretty much decided to take off 2 fridays and wanted to get yalls thoughts on which dates you'd take. 10/27 and 11/3 or 11/3 and 11/10?