Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Food Plots?? How, When, Where??

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Havnt had any problem with anyone not liking out of staters here lol. All my neighbors welcomes me right in.

Well as normal just treat everyone as you expect to be treated and everything will be fine. Good neighbors are just good people and bad neighbors are just bad people. Bad people almost never get better but sometimes good people go bad.
Good luck to you as you have a dream there to build on and everyone is watching and hoping you the best.

Well as normal just treat everyone as you expect to be treated and everything will be fine. Good neighbors are just good people and bad neighbors are just bad people. Bad people almost never get better but sometimes good people go bad.
Good luck to you as you have a dream there to build on and everyone is watching and hoping you the best.

Thanks! This is the way i think to. I definitely am building my dream here. I had my second kid here about 2 weeks ago so the new house is already a home for us. I just wanna be happy and have giant bucks to hunt lol.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks! This is the way i think to. I definitely am building my dream here. I had my second kid here about 2 weeks ago so the new house is already a home for us. I just wanna be happy and have giant bucks to hunt lol.

Good for you as dreams are good. I bought my dream farm 26 yrs ago next month. Sad to say I was just a happy meat hunter when it came to deer hunting. Just felt good to set in the woods 12 hrs each day and hunt without anyone bothering me or telling me what to do or how to do it.
Started planting food plots 5 yrs ago and the deer started showing up in larger numbers. 10 yrs ago my adjoining neighbor turned his 110 ac farm into a horse hay baling operation.
For 20 yrs I never seen over 3 deer in a group on my farm. Planted my food plots and I've seen up to 16 deer at one time feeding in the plots. So I feel plant food plots and the deer will come to it. Where there ore does the bucks will come looking.
So furnish good food to the deer and they will come to eat it. These deer may just be passing through your property to get to the food but they are there and that increases your chance at harvesting a nice deer.
There are some good food plot forums out there to learn from. If interested sent me a PM and I'll list the good forums I follow.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I was just thinking if i throw a bunch of yellow signs up on the trees they will all probably instantly think well he is from PA haha. Every property line in PA is posted.

I posted my farm when I bought it. It does seem trespassers can't read. More like don't give a damn. Did have a a serious problem with 2 rabbit dog guys who hunted the property for 20 yrs and told me it was their right! No I told them. They kept sneaking in the back so one time I caught the 2 dogs and held them for a hour. Then told them the next time I would bury them. Never seen them again.

Yes snares are OK in Ohio. Couple guys here have good postings on snaring each winter.

I posted my farm when I bought it. It does seem trespassers can't read. More like don't give a damn. Did have a a serious problem with 2 rabbit dog guys who hunted the property for 20 yrs and told me it was their right! No I told them. They kept sneaking in the back so one time I caught the 2 dogs and held them for a hour. Then told them the next time I would bury them. Never seen them again.

Yes snares are OK in Ohio. Couple guys here have good postings on snaring each winter.

Ok good then i will wipe some coyotes out when we get snowfall this year. I have had to deal with people trespassing on my land in PA a bunch. Ive got into several physical conflicts with guys because they thought it was there right to be there even though i own the land and pay all the taxes for it every year. I hope i dont have that much trouble here but only time will tell.