Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTF Trail Cam Photos 2017

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
creepy.jpg

not mine but a guy north of town, zombie or methhead???

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Some guy I know that hunts east side of the county got this last year..... Wildlife Officer said feral cat!

This guy got down in the same position of the cat and he is 6'-2" 200lbs+ ..... he didn't look like the size of a house cat when he reviewed his pic

cat.jpeg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
In all my years of hunting I have never seen a flying squirrel in person or got a pic of one.
They are a nocturnal animal that only comes out at night. The next time you're in the woods find those standing dead trees with big woodpecker hole in them. Look up and beat on it with a stick. Try to shake em some just being careful the top doesn't snap. If they're in there they'll come flying out. You have to keep a close watch though because they are fast and small.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
They are a nocturnal animal that only comes out at night. The next time you're in the woods find those standing dead trees with big woodpecker hole in them. Look up and beat on it with a stick. Try to shake em some just being careful the top doesn't snap. If they're in there they'll come flying out. You have to keep a close watch though because they are fast and small.

I cut down a dead tree in someones front yard. There was one in it and when we went to "Rock it on over" it came flying out at warp speed!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
They are considered one of the most common squirrels in OH but being more active at night, less folks see em.
When they “take flight” , as soon as they hit the tree they land on , usually they will scoot around to the other side of it as a defense from predators.

I had some in my walls last winter. Little bastards are very social and usually live in groups of 6-10. . .
They make a hell of a lot of noises during the night ... and not so easy to convince to find other housing...