Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

To Kershaw knives a big thanks

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've been using a legal spring assist on opening Kershaw folding pocket knives for 10-12 yrs. Have 2 of the larger models and 1 smaller which is my Sunday dress knife.
One draw back was it seems that the assist opening spring breaks as my nephew also broke his. But there is a life time warranty at no cost. I looked on line and didn't see these models in the current production models. So filled out a warranty slip on line and mailed the 2 knifes to Kershaw about 6 weeks ago. Never heard a work of receipt.
So I looked at my warranty check in and seen no way to do a follow up. So I just marked it up to being lost and gone.

Well yesterday I received a package from Kershaw with 2 repaired knifes. They looked new, sharpened and even had metal safety lock close parts instead of the broken plastic tabs.

I do wish they would have sent a receipt of the returned knives. Just looked at the fine print on the warranty slip I filled out and found 'please allow 6 weeks for repairs'.

But a big hat's off to Kershaw.

Jamie

Ohio
Kershaw sent me parts to repair my Ken Onion Avalanche when the spring failed at no cost to me at all. took all of 10 minutes to fix. good as new. best money I ever spent on a blade, really. been a workhorse for me for over 15 years.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
You are correct on the premier quality steel used in the blades. My son got me the 1st spring assist opening Kershaw folder when I had a fencing accident and tore my right thumb out of joint and laid it back across my wrist and couldn't open a regular folder.
Even to this day if I seen a used one for sale at a decent price I would buy it just as a spare 4th backup knife.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
It's nice to read reports on company's today and see who taking care its customers. I have a couple of their knives TOO.
Thanks for the post.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've been carrying Kershaws for a while now and really like their knives. Haven't dealt with their service end, but glad to hear a good scouting report.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I've had two Kershaws my son bought my first one for me, had it a couple years and misplaced it while on my last deployment, was heart broken and couldn't bring myself to tell him.... In hind sight I should of just ordered another but didn't really want too own up to my stupidity..... Xmas after getting home he was up and asked if I still used it.... Had to own up too losing it.... Fast forward he got me another.... the knives are awesome but I'm so gun shy now I rarely use it lol....

Good too hear the CS is top notch though....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'll take my $18 Kershaw for that over a Chinese POS for $8. The Kershaw I carry now that was bought as a "throw away" knife is now one of my all times favorites.