Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mason's new ride

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason has been wanting a Mathews Halon. I think it is one of the ugliest bows I have ever seen, and told him I thought he would like any number of bows ahead of the Halon once he shot them. We hit a couple of shops today, shot a bunch of bows and of course brought home an ugly but smooth as silk Halon. He absolutely loved the way it shot at the shop(s), and honestly after shooting a bunch of others, I agree with him.

I've liked Mathews for quite a few years now, but haven't had a new one forever. In fact my latest model is a Drenalin. From what Ive read, I thought Mathews had slipped behind the curve compared to other companies. I guess I'm still a "fan boy". :) Mason will enjoy this one for a while, its a nice shooting bow.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm still a fan boy and proud of it. In March 2007, I joined the dark side when I bought arguably one of the finest compounds ever made. My Switchback XT still shoots darts and has won out on side by side comparisons for the last 6-7 years. Only the Elites have come close to convincing me I "needed" a new bow.

Congrats to Mason on a fantastic new ride! Hope he can break it in on opening weekend. Nice work dad!!!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We shot three or four models of Elites. None came close, IMO.

Honestly, I still think this thing is ugly as sin, but it is absolutely dead on release, even with no add ons. And more importantly, Mason loves it.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
He picked out the 32-6. I'll post some pics tomorrow. He grabbed some Nugent shafts too. Haha.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Good for you Brock introducing him to the Mathews family... Now he's got something to do this summer when he's not playing Baseball. Congrats to Mason.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Here's the most expensive hat I've ever bought...

Attachments

• IMG_1458.jpg
    IMG_1458.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 93

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Good stuff Brock. The boys got a great teacher so I'm sure he'll be very deadly with it