Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

josh's 2017-2018 deer hunting

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
a few updates getting some hard horned pics now and a lot of them have stayed where they have been all summer for now anyways, a couple more weeks and they will be in trouble if they keep doing what there doing.

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 133
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 131
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 131
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 155

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
iv got apple and pear trees in my back yard i dont let them go to waste lol. i had a block out at that spot,then dumped half a bag of apples in there and they didnt care for the apples so i dumped corn on the apples to keep them in there and it seems to be working they are eating the hell out of the apples now. we will see if they leave before season this year or if that will hold them in there. ive never baited in that woods before its so thick you cant walk through it, so i think there gonna stay until they start to look for does.
Corn and apples?

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I was able to pick up 50 more acres last night. Turns out I use to work with the property owners brother. And he works with my father in law so I lucked into a spot for many years I hope. this property is next to where we had the big one last year and I thought it could be where he is staying. I showed a picture of the deer to him and he says that deer was standing in the beans the other night. And he told me he thinks he lives in his swamp. So I'm going to go hang a cam and a stand on the edge of the swamp where it meets a sucluded bean field in the back and see what happens. I checked a couple cams last night also and will post some updates when I check the rest. Quite a few new ones moving in.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Very nice Josh!

Question: 2nd picture. Hanging down from left antler. Is that velvet, another point, or just a corn stalk or something? I can't tell.