Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

josh's 2017-2018 deer hunting

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I've been slacking so far on getting my wife and daughter out. So this week that's all I'm doing. My buddy was in from Tennessee last weekend seen a few deer but the weather had them screwed up. I'm off the 3rd thru the 10th for the rut and gin week. Seems like I do more guiding for everyone anymore and don't spend much time in the spots for myself. So that's gonna change for the rut.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
ive been slacking again, my rut vaction wasnt much for seeing rutting activity, i sure hope there were more does bred than what everyone seen or we wont have any fawns this coming year. we did see bucks cruising but never saw a mature deer with a doe at all. that being said we did kill three my buddys from tennesse killed on monday the 6th one first thing in the mornig while walking to my stand i sent him to he said he just crested the hill and seen him coming in next to the stand knelt down and sent an arrow thru his lungs. i didnt even get to my stand and he called so i ran back over to help him out. he was all tore up i got him calmed down and we gave it 30 minutes and made a quick 70 yard track job. his biggest buck yet and it was one ive had on cam the past few years that we called twin towers because of his brow tines. later that day my other buddy shot an 8 point at around noon and couldnt find it so the next morning i convinced him that we should go look for it, after about an hour of 4 people looking we about gave up and i caught a glimpse of something as we walke out of the crp field after walking up towards it i realized it was just a white flower the only white flower in the field as soon as i turned around i saw him laying just to the right of it, still not sure why that flower caught my attention but im glad it did. the third buck my brother killed the next night i dropped him and my buddy off they were gonna try to film a doe kill so they carried a lockon in and hung it to make a set and not 2 hours later i get a phone call saying jake shot one and it ran towards me so i got down and sure as shit died just 60 yards from me on the other side of the corn field where i couldnt see in the field, i got to it before them and picked the head up to count 14 points. so we had a heck of a week even tho i didnt get anything infront of me i wanted to shoot. ive got gun week off so im gonna try to make it happen then so i can get back to Kentucky and tennesse to fill a tag there.

Attachments

• deer17.jpg
    deer17.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 180
  • deer17-2.jpg
    deer17-2.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 154
  • deer17-3.jpg
    deer17-3.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 148
  • deer17-4.jpg
    deer17-4.jpg