Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

josh's 2017-2018 deer hunting

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
so i now have 12 cameras out on 5 properties, loosing a couple places last year left me with a few extra cams so i could double up on some areas and check out spots ive never given a try before. ive got one cam across the road from my house and ive got 2 decent ones on camera there already and its the only one ive checked as of now. hopefully i can get a few pics of the big ones from last year i know there still around. for the last 2 seasons we have had pictures of the big one on the 6th of june if he grows like he did last year im gonna say he will be 200 inch's. heres a few pics from across the road and a few of the cameras i set up today while on my lunch at work. the pond camera is the one im interested in lots of tracks around there and looks like a good spot to brush a blind in, ive never had a camera there so im looking forward to checking it. sorry about the pics of the pics off the computer one day we will get internet at our house and i wont have to do that.

Attachments

• cam1.jpg
    cam1.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 172
  • cam2.jpg
    cam2.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 166
  • cam3.jpg
    cam3.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 161
  • sock1.jpg
    sock1.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 154
  • sock2.jpg
    sock2.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 166

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
Couple of nice ones there! If you have an 'extra' cam or two it can be fun to put them at ground level around the edge of a pond or stream. U get all kinds of interesting critters. And deer feet.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I'm gonna say I'll have some good duck and geese pics over the water. It's a shallow side so hard to tell what will come for a drink when it's 90 out the next few days.

killbucks22

nw ohio
Josh I'm just curious as to why you'd even worry about the other 4 spots to hunt if you have a 200" deer on one property? I hope to hell you get him!!!!

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Josh I'm just curious as to why you'd even worry about the other 4 spots to hunt if you have a 200" deer on one property? I hope to hell you get him!!!!

Well he seems to slip past us or disappears. The last 2 years we have had him on cam til the end of Sept and then he's gonna and might come thru once a month or so. I use to get hung up on big deer like that and ended up hating how I was hunting so now I don't get hung up on them nearly as bad. I try to hunt the best deer I have that Is kill able. But anymore I'd rather take my daughter with me and try to get her one or see if I can get one with her in the blind size doesn't matter much when she's with me.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well he seems to slip past us or disappears. The last 2 years we have had him on cam til the end of Sept and then he's gonna and might come thru once a month or so. I use to get hung up on big deer like that and ended up hating how I was hunting so now I don't get hung up on them nearly as bad. I try to hunt the best deer I have that Is kill able. But anymore I'd rather take my daughter with me and try to get her one or see if I can get one with her in the blind size doesn't matter much when she's with me.

We've had a good buck e last 3-4 years do the same thing, less then a mile away is an unhuntable property and he's in there.... If he leaves, it's well after dark and back there before daylight.... We'll see him all summer long in the beenfields but as soon as a color change too them, he gone....

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
well i got bored last night and checked the camera by work. figured with the storms coming thru id be safe to check it. im trying to make sure i only check cams when the time and weather is right. ended up with 7 different bucks on it and 0 does. so maybe i finally found there spot they like to hang out around here. its gonna be hard to hunt because its all corn this year and the woods i hung the camera in is so think a rabbit wouldnt go in it. i think i had pics of a few of the bucks last season it will be fun to compare them to what they were last year. again sorry for the pictures of pictures they dont look that way on my phone.

Attachments

• work1.jpg
    work1.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 149
  • work2.jpg
    work2.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 151
  • work3.jpg
    work3.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 147
  • work4.jpg
    work4.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 150
  • work5.jpg
    work5.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 189
  • work6.jpg
    work6.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 156

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
whats the best sd reader out now for droid. i think i had a bone view at one time and couldnt get it to work with my phone it messed up the sd cards.