Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New bows

Just 1 More

What's y'all's opinion of what's the latest, greatest, badass bow on the market now??? If anyone even thinks about saying Mathews,,, need not reply :smiley_bril:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I prefer carbon risers... the rest is just fluff
I did get my hands on a carbon defiant a few months ago. I wasn't overly impressed, but it was a shop bow, set up with a wisker biscuit and no stabilizer... so I took it with a grain of salt. BUT, I did love the feel of the carbon riser. I do know that if or when I ever get another bow, it'll more than likely be made out of carbon.

Just 1 More

I did get my hands on a carbon defiant a few months ago. I wasn't overly impressed, but it was a shop bow, set up with a wisker biscuit and no stabilizer... so I took it with a grain of salt. BUT, I did love the feel of the carbon riser. I do know that if or when I ever get another bow, it'll more than likely be made out of carbon.

I shot a Carbon defiant Turbo,, I went with cash in hand but didn't like the draw cycle. My current bows are 2009 Elite GT500 and a 2010 Elite Judge. IMO, 2 of the best bows Elite ever built so it's going to take something that will knock my socks off when i test drive it :smiley_cheers:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I shot a Carbon defiant Turbo,, I went with cash in hand but didn't like the draw cycle. My current bows are 2009 Elite GT500 and a 2010 Elite Judge. IMO, 2 of the best bows Elite ever built so it's going to take something that will knock my socks off when i test drive it :smiley_cheers:
the GT is a sweet bow but that metallic twang/ snap when it shoots was too loud for me. I do t think you will find a bow that knocks your socks off anymore than what you have. Technology is peaking and I don't see much pushing it over the hump. All the have been doing is shorteneing the brace height to gain speed. No thanks for a hunting bow....I prefer a smooth drawing bow

Last edited:

Just 1 More

the GT is a sweet bow but that metallic twang/ snap when it shoots was too loud for me. I do t think you will find a bow that knocks your socks off anymore than what you have. Technology is peaking and I don't see much pushing it over the hump. All the have been doing is shorteneing the brace height to gain speed. No thanks for a hunting bow....I prefer a smooth drawing bow

Thanks,,, You probably saved me $1,000 :smiley_clap:
My GT is as quiet as any other i've shot next to. Maybe it's because I have a gazillion hours of tuning in it lmao
The GT is a 7" brace and the Judge is a 6". I shot indoor spot with the Judge and did exceptionally well.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Mathews Halon 32, easily the best bow in the universe. [emoji1591]

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't know about the newer elites, but the 2009-2011 elites definitely had that "crack" at the shot. They're quiet... But it's a different kind of quiet. I know what Milo is saying. I really thought my Z28 was dead quiet. That is, until I shot it next to my Strother. I really liked the draw cycle of my Z28 though. It was a great hunting bow.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Thanks,,, You probably saved me $1,000 :smiley_clap:
My GT is as quiet as any other i've shot next to. Maybe it's because I have a gazillion hours of tuning in it lmao
The GT is a 7" brace and the Judge is a 6". I shot indoor spot with the Judge and did exceptionally well.

You haven't shot enough bows if you can't tell a difference rotflmao. Honestly they are rrunning out of tweeks. They do essentially one of two things, shorten the brace height or super smooth draw. There is very little speed gain. My Hoyt carbon matrix is a quiet as i have heard and I have shot a lot. Been a while since I shot a switchback but I think they were very quiet. I liked my elite but once it got cold it was impossible to hold in your hand

Just 1 More

I don't know about the newer elites, but the 2009-2011 elites definitely had that "crack" at the shot. They're quiet... But it's a different kind of quiet. I know what Milo is saying. I really thought my Z28 was dead quiet. That is, until I shot it next to my Strother. I really liked the draw cycle of my Z28 though. It was a great hunting bow.

The Z was a good smooth shooter, but it was a single cam 8" brace .. I shot 3D one season with one and it was definitely a shooter (I've owned pretty much every Elite 2007-2010 Envy, Synergy, Z28, GT, Judge)

Just 1 More

You haven't shot enough bows if you can't tell a difference rotflmao. Honestly they are rrunning out of tweeks. They do essentially one of two things, shorten the brace height or super smooth draw. There is very little speed gain. My Hoyt carbon matrix is a quiet as i have heard and I have shot a lot. Been a while since I shot a switchback but I think they were very quiet. I liked my elite but once it got cold it was impossible to hold in your hand

I've probably shot more and been around more than you might think :smiley_bril: