Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ohio man convicted for killing 2 dogs harrassng deer

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Well even if she somehow got out when I wasn't home I still wouldn't expect my neighbor to kill my dog.

Well if I drive two hours to hunt a farm I paid for, I would expect my neighbors dog to be running all over it either

Wmiller07

Well if I drive two hours to hunt a farm I paid for, I would expect my neighbors dog to be running all over it either

Understood but I still wouldn't expect my dog to be shot. Accidents happen, if it's a constant problem I understand getting pissed. I'm saying I think there are better ways to handle it.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Lets get back on track on the topic.
I believe the post started out as stray dogs running loose and not your lovely pet dog getting out and is shitting in your neighbors lawn.

Would you put a stray menacing dog down when out hunting threatening your life or killing deer?
So let's cut the BS on lovely pets getting out shitting in the neighbors yard.

Besides a lovely pet dog over a mile from home running and killing deer is not that lovely pet you think it is.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member

Wmiller07

I believe the post started out as stray dogs running loose and not your lovely pet dog getting out and is shitting in your neighbors lawn.

Would you put a stray menacing dog down when out hunting threatening your life or killing deer?

Besides a lovely pet dog over a mile from home running and killing deer is not that lovely pet you think it is.

My understanding was this topic was about a neighbor killing another neighbors pet dogs.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My understanding was this topic was about a neighbor killing another neighbors pet dogs.

Were not the dogs harassing people and deer? In my book a pet dog is not running loose harassing people or deer.

Then the posting went south and went to shooting pet dogs close by.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The fella was convicted of killing a companion animal. That's a pet, not a feral animal.

Every dog is a so called companion animal in someone's mind. A true companion dog is not running loose harassing people or deer. A true companion dog is a dog under your control and not running loose bothering humans or animals. If it's running loose it's just a stray dog.
This is a topic that can't be won by either side.
I'm out of it.

Wmiller07

Every dog is a so called companion animal in someone's mind. A true companion dog is not running loose harassing people or deer. A true companion dog is a dog under your control and not running loose bothering humans or animals. If it's running loose it's just a stray dog.
This is a topic that can't be won by either side.
I'm out of it.

You've never had a dog get loose? I thought we were cutting the BS. However I think I'm out too. It's been an interesting conversation but I think it's run its course for me.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
You've never had a dog get loose? I thought we were cutting the BS. However I think I'm out too. It's been an interesting conversation but I think it's run its course for me.

Only pets I've had in the last 50 yrs have been cattle and I eat those. Then again I've eaten dog (coyote) once and it tasted OK and would again.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

I like this fella. He's got my kind of people skills.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Let's get it back on topic, those dogs weren't a mile away from their home. They were less than 1/2 mile.