Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New camera thought

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Says in the manual that depends on your phone or pads strength you could connect up to 60 yards away.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Ok I got to full around with this camera a little. Pictures are fabulous so far. Will see how night time works out. The wifi and Bluetooth is very easy to use and pretty cool how you can change settings. It also has a live view where you can see where the the camera is pointing on your phone for alignment. I'm going to charge my phone and do a wifi test on distance here in a few

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I'm getting spotty connection to the cam at around 50 yards. At 40 it's pretty
Consistent in my iPhone 6

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
None seemed to do well in your opinion??

I'm just seeing this. With the mms cams I had, two main things were the issue.... Clarity. I haven't paid attention to the cams of today, but in order for good clarity, your object had to be close to the cam. Even my Code Black was only good for so many feet. 20 feet & beyond left something to be desired. Time delay. The time it takes the cam to write the pic to the card & then send it could be up to a minute before being able to take next pic. Even setting the delay down to 30 sec could still miss a lot of deer. So let's suppose a hot doe with a buck in tow comes by. More than likely, you have a nice pic of the doe & be left wondering what else was with her. Mms certainly has it's place, but they won't give you a more complete story.

Ok I got to full around with this camera a little. Pictures are fabulous so far. Will see how night time works out. The wifi and Bluetooth is very easy to use and pretty cool how you can change settings. It also has a live view where you can see where the the camera is pointing on your phone for alignment. I'm going to charge my phone and do a wifi test on distance here in a few
The live view could be handy for alignment purposes.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
The live view could be handy for alignment purposes.

It's sort of freaky how well it works but man it is slick. I do not like the fact that there isn't any password to get into the camera

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Anyone seen cuddelink by cuddeback. Similar idea but cams feed back to one camera and by linking can go for miles.

Buckeye cams do that also but I don't I would trust a cuddycrap cameras with my money

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Who would know to look at their phone to link up?

Let's see some pics!
I just deployed last night so give me a couple of days and I should have some pics. If I have some tonight I will post them up. I only have it on the 8mp setting.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Sweet, you weren't messing around on getting it were you Milo??!?! Will be interesting to hear how long it takes to download the pics and battery life on the camera.
This year I planned to get more cameras out earlier. I usually wait till July August but I'm on the prowl this year for deer and more hunting ground. Probably have a kid with me this year too so I want that to happen early if possible. I will keep everyone posted on this cam. It's not a fair comparison because it's warm out but from the pictures this thing takes and trigger speed, I'm probably going to own a lot more of them.

Buckeye cams do that also but I don't I would trust a cuddycrap cameras with my money

The Buckeye cams are sure pricey though. Ouch!!

I like the idea of the cuddelink. Would be nice like at our campthat I could have a camera beside the cabin that would have all the pics from the other cameras. I could look Friday night when I get there to see where to hunt Saturday morning.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
IMG_3259.jpgscreen shot from my phone

Milo

Tatonka guide.
When you download them onto the phone are they the full MP image or is just a thumbnail and then you need to pull the card to get the high quality image?

They are supposed to be full sized and scaled up. Right now I can't get them to download so I need to do some more reading on why it won't and see if it's an app problem or a camera issue.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I think they use thumbnails to keep size down so they will load quickly into preview. The thumbnails are really nice sized on my phone. all the other functions work really well like manual trigger and alignment

I think they use thumbnails to keep size down so they will load quickly into preview. The thumbnails are really nice sized on my phone. all the other functions work really well like manual trigger and alignment

That makes sense. I see technology like this being the next big thing in trail cameras for areas that don't have cell service and you don't need to purchase data. Just imagine if this had a range of a 1/2 mile in woods condition. They would really fly off the shelves then as you could drive down the road and download from most cameras right to your phone.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
That makes sense. I see technology like this being the next big thing in trail cameras for areas that don't have cell service and you don't need to purchase data. Just imagine if this had a range of a 1/2 mile in woods condition. They would really fly off the shelves then as you could drive down the road and download from most cameras right to your phone.

Agreed. I'd love that option but it does take a lot of power to run that frequency over that range with all the moisture in the air. Maybe one day. I'm sort of surprised this cam doesn't have an antennae