Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New camera thought

Diablo54

Outside
Because I won't have to cross a deer path or put scent on the camera by the trail. The 80 foot detection range is good too. 120 foot flash

Really? To each there own. But if your in there that close they are still gona pick up your scent.

Diablo54

Outside

I'm not calling you dumb. But it is what it is. 33 yards isn't very far. And I'm gona guess in the foliage it's gona get worse. I could see it being nice if you where hunting over a feeder and had 3-500 pics to go through as you sit in your stand.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Your experience is vastly different than mine that's why I'm not arguing about it. We hunt two totally different areas and styles based upon the terrain and exposure/tolerance to human scent. Im not paying retail so the price difference isn't all that much from the one you posted, which is a good camera

Diablo54

Outside
Your experience is vastly different than mine that's why I'm not arguing about it. We hunt two totally different areas and styles based upon the terrain and exposure/tolerance to human scent. Im not paying retail so the price difference isn't all that much from the one you posted, which is a good camera

Ok. Not trying to argue. Just didn't want you to pay up and be disappointed. If it does as advertised I can see it being useful in situations. Throw some pics up if you get one

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I'm thinking about trying it because my wifi at my house goes a couple hundred feet out and I'm wondering if I can somehow link them up and check the cam from my house without going out there

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I'm considering getting one. I go through my cam pics in the stand now with my viewer and phone so this wouldn't be any different. I'm going to ask so questions because I'd like to dump it on a memory stick

twireman

Kingston, OH
Hey Diablo you have a link for the special ops at 125$?

Got a buddy that would jump on that.

Sorry not trying to hijack...

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Those batteries aren't that bad. My dog collars use them. I usually get on Amazon and buy a dozen for $10 or so.

Might as well give it a shot if you can find a situation where it would be beneficial. Let us know how it works Milo. I could see putting one in a bedding area to see what and when if you have to travel nearby, say on a 4 wheeler. There are a couple spots that the deer bed off the edge of a field say 40 yards-ish and I have to drive by on the edge of the field if I want to head to the big holla. I just would never stop and walk down there to check a card but this possibly could be set up now and checked easily all year if the battery lasts that long.

I wouldn't go out and buy something like this without a few testimonials though. For the most part the way I run cameras I drive by (most of) them while out rummaging around during the summer or walk past while hunting in the fall. I would LOVE to have a few cell cams though and sooner or later I will have them in our arsenal!!!

Neat idea, but I have to say I wouldn't pay the extra $100 as I would rather buy another camera. It would be nice when hunting in that you could check your cam from the treestand. I do really like Browning Trail cams.

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
I wonder what the bandwidth is for uploads? U could be wasting lots of time sitting there a few yards away waiting on it..... Just smoke your cards and hands up and swap 'em out!!!

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Cam came in today. Very interesting design. It does run on cr batteries. That's it. Comes with 16 gig card too. Much smaller that I anticipated