Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New camera thought

Milo

Tatonka guide.
As of right now I can't download any pics so I'm a little pissed. Im going to suspend the updates until they get off their butts and fix it. The cam, pics and features are excellent. So far they have dropped the ball on execution.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Well hell, that would defeat the purpose if you have to sit there 50 yards away looking at them and not being able to save them.

It says you can download them but it's not letting me. Hopefully they will have that fixed. A really nice feature is they can take the SD card out without removing the cable lock which is a nice feature for trespassers and people who like to get caught and remove cards

Just 1 More

I like the idea of being able to climb in to your treestand and check pics without walking all around your area pulling cards

Milo

Tatonka guide.
The cam takes fantastic pics and I like the size and everything about it except wifi And Bluetooth connectivity. I'm going to reset it here in a week or so and I will report back

Milo

Tatonka guide.
With the wifi/bluetooth connection there isn't any way to piggy back those cameras and set them up in a line is there? Still wanting/hoping to hear you can download from a distance and how long it would take.
Not that I'm aware of chuck. Each unit is stand alone.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Might have solved my problem. There was a setting on my phone I didn't realize so I will try to download the pics tonight

I just got done looking at the literature on the new CuddeLink trail cameras by Cuddeback. Somewhat similar set-up to the old BuckeyeCam's where you have a home base and then piggy back the cameras out across your property. Can set up to 15 cameras to link back to your home base. To get pics off the home base you can either simply pull the SD card from it, set it up for cellular sending of the pics or even have it wired directly to a home computer which can then be linked to the internet. There was a time when I would never ever buy a Cuddeback because of all the problems they had with quality but this one has me interested and then some. Says around $100 for the home base and then $270 for a camera that is set up to link and repeat from other cameras. Warranty - 1-year standard warranty. 2 years with online registration. 5-year reduced cost replacement program. I've been getting ready to buy a camera or two soon but I might just hold off a bit to see how these seem to work for people.

I just got done looking at the literature on the new CuddeLink trail cameras by Cuddeback. Somewhat similar set-up to the old BuckeyeCam's where you have a home base and then piggy back the cameras out across your property. Can set up to 15 cameras to link back to your home base. To get pics off the home base you can either simply pull the SD card from it, set it up for cellular sending of the pics or even have it wired directly to a home computer which can then be linked to the internet. There was a time when I would never ever buy a Cuddeback because of all the problems they had with quality but this one has me interested and then some. Says around $100 for the home base and then $270 for a camera that is set up to link and repeat from other cameras. Warranty - 1-year standard warranty. 2 years with online registration. 5-year reduced cost replacement program. I've been getting ready to buy a camera or two soon but I might just hold off a bit to see how these seem to work for people.
I am very interested in these also. Kinda holding back on it, because I wonder if next year that there will be more companies offering something similar.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Ok final update on this camera, the batteries just died. That’s 4 months of service in a major cold snap for us. It takes great pictures and I figured out the download issue. The range really isn’t all that impressive but I now have two browning cams and those little suckers work really really well. I will be getting more for sure.

Cuddeback now has a camera with a built in cuddelink. Sportsman guide has a 4 pack of cameras. I think if I catch on a double discount it should be around $620 for 4 cameras. I am going to be buying them in a few weeks after the other manufacturers say what they are coming out with new.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...g-range-ir-trail-game-camera-4-pack?a=2170827

Ok final update on this camera, the batteries just died. That’s 4 months of service in a major cold snap for us. It takes great pictures and I figured out the download issue. The range really isn’t all that impressive but I now have two browning cams and those little suckers work really really well. I will be getting more for sure.

We have 3 Browning cams and really like those things.